93 Octane gas quality

wheelstands

I have been purchasing 93 octane at a local convenience store and I am questioning the consistent quality of that gas which got me wondering if there might be a preferred gas company in the US Midwest that people have found to be superior. I'm not ready to go to alcohol and looking for the best pump gas I can find. With or without ethanal? (42lb injectors, 16psi) Anyone have thoughts on a favorite pump gas(station) that they have found to be a good fit for our cars? Conoco, Phillips etc?

AV gas is the best, most consistent, federally regulated fuel available.
Next are brands like VP which is available in select gas stations and speed shops here in AZ.
I have run REGULAR 87 octane with varying percentages of AV gas into the SEVENS at over 170 MPH! I've been doing it for over 40 years now. A bit inconvenient, sure, but it works for me. 100 LL (low lead) mixed with regular will reduce O2 sensor life, but those are cheaper than pistons, rings, and headgaskets. And easier to change!
The FEDS are trying to make all AV gas unleaded soon anyway, so that won't be an issue any longer.
Some of the locals run 87 regular with the Alky Controls kit. So far reports have been successful in the low20s lb. Boost range. They just start the alky at a bit lower boost level than normal.
This is an informational post as to what locals are doing, and when my car is dialed and reliable, I'll post my results. As I do have a hi perf machine shop, I get more feedback than most folks, and I do get to see the results of when somebody's brilliant idea didn't work!
TIMINATOR

Some HP fuel suppliers sell it. Our VP and Dacco sellers sell it.
Or you could go to the nearest airport with a few fuel jugs and tell them it's for your ultralight, drag car, or hi perf dirtbike if they ask, most don't.
I'm a private pilot so no big deal, you may know one. AG and small airports are your best bet. Giant commercial only airports, not usually.
Just DO NOT tell them it's for a street car! They don't collect road use tax on it, so it's a no no for street use for them to sell it for that, or you to buy it for that.
Same thing as diesel fuel, on road gets fed tax, dye diesel (dyed red and not taxed) is for bulldozers, cranes, my forklift, etc.
It's your conscience!
Unless you believe the government is run by stupid politicians that waste your taxes anyway.... another story....
TIMINATOR

You should be able to buy VP race fuel at any speed shop. I used it exclusively at the track.

AV gas is cheaper depending on your Horsepower and experience level!
TIMINATOR

1/2 can of royal purple max boost to 10 gallons of gas will raise 93 to 96 octane just another option

So how much does purple max and octaneum cost? Could we mix some in with the alky injection? Anybody done this?
TIMINATOR

So how much does purple max and octaneum cost? Could we mix some in with the alky injection? Anybody done this?
TIMINATOR
Using the ratio above is less than $1 per gallon, specially if you buy a decent quantity at once. My t has a tt 95-96 octane chip car is pretty quick for being non alky

VP Octanium advertises a 8 number increase in octane. So it should put the 93 at around 100 octane. It came recommended by a local dirt track fuel supplier that indicated it works great on the track. It runs around $22 to treat 10 gallons so I guess it could be mixed to treat 25 gallons to put the octane around the Royal Purple Octane Boost cost per gallon that provides the 96 octane. The Octanium turned out to be a good trouble shooting tool to identify false KR. I was looking more for a recommendation for the best 93 octane supplier from the pump.

Ya gotta watch the instructions for some octane boosters, if ya read the small print some states that "this product gives an "x" POINT boost of octane for "x" ounces per gallon. A point being a TENTH of an octane boost! Read carefully! A while back a customer was mixing AV gas to get his octane, and used a booster instead. He only gained .7 octane boost, not 7! An expensive mistake! A knock sensor could have saved him, his ears didn't. The old "aniline oil" boosters were rated in tenths of octane. I personally haven't used, nor read the instructions on Royal Purple or Octanium. Any feedback?
TIMINATOR

I have been purchasing 93 octane at a local convenience store and I am questioning the consistent quality of that gas which got me wondering if there might be a preferred gas company in the US Midwest that people have found to be superior. I'm not ready to go to alcohol and looking for the best pump gas I can find. With or without ethanal? (42lb injectors, 16psi) Anyone have thoughts on a favorite pump gas(station) that they have found to be a good fit for our cars? Conoco, Phillips etc?
The best pump gas is e85 period.
The issue with pump gas is sometimes 93 Octane is 87😉
When not if this happens There goes the octane blanket.
Much more power and octane with e85.

Best at what? I wont tune a car with pure 93 past 16psi.
Take the same car on e85 and run 30 or 40 psi or whatever the combo will make and now your flying.
Those that dont understand what boost does pull the turbo off your car and see how fast it is
Then stuff 30psi in it and compare.
Post those results

Quality/consistency. Turbo Dave use to run 20 lbs on 93, had good intercooling with a front mount.

I don't know about back there, but out here E 85 can run from 67% to low/mid 80s or so. Buy and learn to use a hydrometer if you wanna go fast on the edge. Trust nothing! Verify! Have some M-1 on hand to blend in that "out of the pump" E-85 if you need to, or buy the E-85 from VP or somebody reliable. I'll ask my boat racer friend what he uses as an aid to blending.
He says believing E-85 is always 85% is like believing: "my tubes are tied", or "I'm on the pill." "Trusting anything can get expensive."
He wins a LOT! And I don't have any kids!

I think it was: "UNDER SIEGE, DARK TERRITORY:" "Trust is the mother of all
F--K ups!"
Just sayin'!!
TIMINATOR

Be advised that leaded race gas eats 02 sensors alive. I have no experience if the octane boosters do the same.

For those buying pump gas, I look for stations that have individual hoses for each octane. I was told by a friend that works for large local fuel supplier that also has gas stations, fuel in the lines of a mixed hose will dilute the 93. By using a dedicated line you are getting all 93.