9 second street GN, no expense spared

Detomaso71

Price Drop

39,599$

over 100 K spent and multiple folders of receipts and documentation of all custom fabrication, set up for street and strip
12 point cage not visible from outside car and over 200 hours custom Tig fabrication with stealth rig mounting of all electronics etc hidden in car

87 GN
Great paint
New interior
All cust fabricated comfortable 12 pt CM
Custom seats
Set up for THS
550 HP street 93 octane without the Alky almost 700 rwhp with Alky
With race gas RWHP and dyno sheets not disclosed unless car is bought same for engine specs

Will run 9.95 all day Long on low boost 93 and Alky
67 mm turbo and every fitting and part on entire car is new and custom fabricated
Will run 9.70 with lifting off at eight mile and brakes at 1,000 feet

Tranny brand new stage 3
Engine brand new less than 10 miles and only one race (BG 2012)
Girdled 109 fresh from RPE
Way to much to list
Selling car at huge loss as the rear end alone was 2 weeks of custom fabrication welding just to get an idea

Began as untouched 38 k mile original car
Still have original drivetrain

No trades unless original GNX and I can add $$$$$
I have spent more on this car than any GNX costs that I have looked at

Call with question or request more specific pics emailed
Every part on entire car is new and best available and installed or tuned by best talent available
Took two years to complete

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,717
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,746
rydersv6 said:
you need to supple a lotttttt of pics to support the price...... and I am really curious ;)

As soon as he listed what's done and its an RPE girdled stroker...enough said. I started with a 14,000 mile car and have a ridiculous amount in it and its not finished. If you want to go fast...cough up the cash.

Good luck with the sale

45k sounds like a lot, and it is, until you try to build one of this quality for anywhere near that amount.
So if you want a "turn key" 9 second ride, that even has an awesome paint job, this is your car.
That being said, $45,000 IS a lot of scratch, and I guess pics can't hurt. Besides,
I'd love to see what I can't afford.;)

45k sounds like a lot, and it is, until you try to build one of this quality for anywhere near that amount.
So if you want a "turn key" 9 second ride, that even has an awesome paint job, this is your car.
That being said, $45,000 IS a lot of scratch, and I guess pics can't hurt. Besides,
I'd love to see what I can't afford.;)

Agreed, stuff ain't cheap to do right.

I would consider this at 30k

As soon as he listed what's done and its an RPE girdled stroker...enough said. I started with a 14,000 mile car and have a ridiculous amount in it and its not finished. If you want to go fast...cough up the cash.

Good luck with the sale

Thanks. True words.
There is 5 inches of receipts on this car
Crazy how much you can sink into a car when u use all the best stuff and help

Lonnie or Cal or Bobby or Fiscus all know this car

Sorry to hear you're getting out of THS. I've seen this car at the races and its clean and runs 9's no problem all day long.

For the tire kickers, 45k can't even buy you a nice new Corvette with some options that only runs 12's, nor a new Suburban LTZ nor a new loaded out full size pick up truck. GLWS!

Clay did not spare any expense on this car. Well worth the coin. If you want the baddest and cleanest ths car out there, here it is. Could not duplicate this for the price.

Hell , I have over 45K in my car too, plus fresh paint as well...and mine doesnt run 9's......YET. Good parts for these cars are not cheap. Good luck with the sale.

Bryan

Agreed. I tried insure for 80k spent more.
American collectors only agreed to insure as an "agreed" value of half of my receipts which was where I got the sale price of only 45k as its about half and insured for exactly 45k per them
Never heard of insure for half value of modified car I'm sure there are better deals on insurance but All my other collector cars are through them
Insurance was high but not because of the 45 k value but because of all the modifications.
45 k is my cheapest agreed value of all toys but insurance was highest because I had to disclose all the modifications.
Pics after weather clears and I have time to wash it

The ONLY way to get your investment insured properly is to get a Certified Appraisal from a reputable appraiser.
My 1962 Chevy was getting quotes back in the $60,000-$65,000 range and that was not cutting it. I contacted Terry Shaw appraisals and he came to my house from Philly. Travel was added to the cost, but I did not care. The car was still not fully assembled and he loved it that way. He spent about 3 hours and took about 150 pictures. He took about 4 pages of notes and then left.
2 weeks later I got a thick 9x13 envelope in the mail. The top page said..."send to insurance company." It had a 2 total values attached. The first was a current market of $75,000 based on 4 recent sales of cars of similar builds. The second was a total loss value, as in if it were totaled. That value was $105,000. If I wanted them to pay a shop to build me a duplicate...I had that much to spend.
Heacock Classic accepted the appraisal because Terry had done hundreds of others for them.
I was happy with those numbers and Heacock actually raises the values every 3-4 years to keep up with the market. Total value on it now is in the $115,000 range and it hasn't left the garage in 10 years.

Just some info. I've posted this stuff before. We spend our lives working and investing in these cars...spend the $500 and get the appraisal and have some piece of mind.

Coach