9.5 non lockup converter

harris48cars

I have a Dusty Bradford converter. It is a 17 blade with a sprag. No issues but I'm thinking I want to go back to a lock up. I was looking at the FTI triple clutch converter. Does anyone know this converter? Opinions please. Also can I get an idea what the Bradord converter might be worth. It's in my car and running great. I believe it has 800 miles on it.
Thanks,
Gary

TCI 9/11 LU. Best street / strip to us. Used them in most of our cars over the years. :cool:

I have one sitting in the basement right now. I may put it back in. I guess I was impressed with FTI's "triple clutch".

Hi...did you make a decision on the swap? Either way, if you decide to sell the PTC, I'd be interested in knowing what you're asking for it. That converter is next on the 'big list' for me. Thanks...Dan

I ran my 16 year old $300 12" Neal Chance LU against a $1000 PTC 9.5". I saw ZERO gains. Sold the PTC and kept the NC.

I ran my 16 year old $300 12" Neal Chance LU against a $1000 PTC 9.5". I saw ZERO gains. Sold the PTC and kept the NC.
Interesting all the cars around here that were running neal chance stuff went faster with the ptc.

Interesting all the cars around here that were running neal chance stuff went faster with the ptc.
The PTC was likely wrong for the rpm range of the engine. Every car I put a ptc in picked up. Even getting the car to 60' improved. I ran back to back with a 0 pump vigilante. The vigilante went a best of 1.51 60' and 10.87@124. Leave on more boost, and it spun. A 17 blade PTC was installed and car went easy 1.42 60' on launching on less boost, and ultimately 1.34 on a little higher boost launch, and 10.31@128.

The PTC was likely wrong for the rpm range of the engine. Every car I put a ptc in picked up. Even getting the car to 60' improved. I ran back to back with a 0 pump vigilante. The vigilante went a best of 1.51 60' and 10.87@124. Leave on more boost, and it spun. A 17 blade PTC was installed and car went easy 1.42 60' on launching on less boost, and ultimately 1.34 on a little higher boost launch, and 10.31@128.
I actually haven't used the pts 9.5 nl on cars that are running really small stock to 58/59mm turbos like vacuum 6 has.
But hell back in the day even the old ac 9 non lockups would outrun the 12 inch converters on the stock motor small turbo combos.
Like you every car I've swapped out and my friends cars that swapped to ptc went faster.
I mean alot of cars from 4/5sec 1/8mile cars on different platforms as well.
All went faster on a ptc😉