9-11 converter

I agree with Intercooler, it's all a matter of personal choice and what you are willing to accept as acceptable. Thanks for all the nice things to everyone running a 9X11 and are happy. As far as anyone thinking they have quietly gone away, it amazes me still that you could call in with a question, and Bruce can rattle of the top of his head exactly what you bought, specs, and when it was all done. That boy is gonna need a ROM upgrade in the near future or his head is gonna explode. ha ha ha, Mark :D

i am thinking that i might get a fairbanks converter used it was in a car that ran solid 11s and it freaking blew the tires away i hear from what he said it might take a half second off my E.T

I just installed my 9x11 (tcs) that i bought from CK Performance. It has only been in for a day, but what a fun day it was! Foot on the brake stalls at about 28-2900rpm at 1psi. let go of the brake and punch the gas its sideways blazing tires down the street. spools very fast
I guess only time will tell how good this converter is.

good luck,
Mike

I thought PTS had exclusive rights to the 9x11 convertor (from TCS) for the 2004r and Brian Hartman had the rights for the one for the 700r4. Someone from PTS care to elaborate how other vendors are selling it now? If there is something different about the TCS convertor that other vendors are selling, then please elaborate what is different. Inquiring minds want to know!

hey mike glad to see you are up and running,and am happy to hear you are impressed with the performance of your 9/11 convertor.thanks for posting,how did the other stuff work out?

I put the boost valves in there, every thing went in smooth as soon as i figured out that i was putting them in wrong :rolleyes:
also changed the speedo gear and my speedometer seems to be right.
Thanks,
Mike

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
there are 2 different converter places that go by tcs

not the same company tho

Maybe 3 ? There's one in Canada too, in Langley BC and they also make 9/11 style convertors as well as others.

Originally posted by c&cgn
Maybe 3 ? There's one in Canada too, in Langley BC and they also make 9/11 style convertors as well as others.
OK for what it's worth TCS might have a franchise going on here so on this note It's all about making money, and I don't think that they are going to cater to one vender only, when they can sell to several venders. From what I can see theres nothing magical about a converter other than the quality of parts that are used. :D

the tcs i am referring to is located in lake havasu arizona and we dont know of any other companies using this name.it is very well possible but i dont use them.rusty builds many great products over there besides 9/11 convertors and we purchase several other items from him besides torque convertors.you can be assured anyone selling tcs products is giving you the real thing and a high quality product.

The TCS is in Lake Havasu and in Chino California. There is a TCS in Canada, but it is not affilliated with TCS in America in any way. Chris is right, you can't find a better product or service that we have found. Not saying there isn't good places out there, but Rusty has been very good to us and his other customers as well.,,,,,,,,,,Mark :D

So the Ck Performance 9x11 is the same as the PTS 9x11 as they are both made by Rusty in Lake Havasu. That is very interesting as I was told that the 9x11 was exclusive to PTS only.

I just figured I would add another choice to the 9x11 converters. I was running an original AC 9" for the past 2 years, but missed the lock-up on the long hills here in PA. Art gave me a good deal on his 9x11. I love it. The car will still rip the tires from a stand-still w/out power braking (255/60R15 radials). I'm not trying to say that it's any better or worse than PTS's 9x11, b/c i've never had one from PTS. BTW, art's company is now called CPT Transmission. http://www.cpttransmission.com

it may be that bruces 9 11s are made different than ours although they come from the same place.,truth is that bruce did testing for rusty in the beginning of the 9/11s creation/development. bruce and i recently spoke about this subject Iwill say that we mainly use protorque because of their quality and proximity to our shop if a problem or restall concern is necessary.also we get some custom stuff that the general buying public certainly does not.but we have never had a failure with a 9/11 from tcs in three years of dealing with them .our main item that we purchase from them is input shafts and intermediate shafts for non 2004r transmissions.sometimes price is determined by overhead and a bigger company with a larger payroll has every right to get compensated for what they sell. hey lee ,i hope in all sincerity that you are not looking to start any situations on the board and maybe you should call bruce or me before posing questions in public view that may generate negativity here,something you are very well aware of.but judging from your past post and replies concerning me it sure looks like this question was posed to generate some KOUTOUMARES.go to the wizard of oz and ask for some courage or maybe a brain and stop trying to be a tuff guy when your a chump.see you at the track tuff guy.when you see the cars with ckperformance stickers come and ask for me im always at the track with my customers.

Well....

Ok........... they both, Carr in Ca. and CK both have the same quality converter. They are both built at our TCS facility too.
Even tho these converters were sold to these other vendors, Do not even think for a moment PTS didn't get their share on the exclusive. Like someone else in the thread said, "It's all about buisness. "
If I can move 4 more converters through Ck or Ca. Perf Trans , Then so be it, but rest assured PTS is covered. Good news for you is the quality. Just remember where it originated......THAT is the key.......;)

So yes we decided to "open" it up . Why not? Great product!!!

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Well here's what I heard....lol. (Damn rumors.)

Jim Bell of Kenne-Bell actually originated the 9/11. Thereafter the idea was copied by others.

True or false?

I posted what I posted because I was told by Bruce that the 9x11 was exclusive to PTS. I was not trying to stir up trouble.
But just to let you know Chris, I do have courage and definitely a brain. Go deflate your head and ego and get some self esteem before you jump to conclusions. I was not attacking you like you just did to me.
I have no problem walking up to you at the track what so ever.
I just dont like your attitude or the way you come off. Never have since you first started posting. I do know one thing for sure. Your business certainly has a lot more at stake if you or one of your boys wants to tangle with me. Is it really worth getting sued and losing everything partner? My advice **** talker is to drop the subject now.

Ok........... they both, Carr in Ca. and CK both have the same quality converter. They are both built at our TCS facility too.

Bruce, does that mean that CPT Transmission & CK are both the exact same 9x11 converter that PTS sells or are those 2 simply equal, but different from PTS in some way. Just wanted some clarification. Thanks.

Originally posted by pure_boost
Bruce, does that mean that CPT Transmission & CK are both the exact same 9x11 converter that PTS sells or are those 2 simply equal, but different from PTS in some way. Just wanted some clarification. Thanks.
That is all I was asking. I just wanted to know what the difference was if any.