9/11 converter help

good morning everyone i have just recently just bought a used 9/11 converter and after reading and talking to other turbo buddies i need to find a shop to cut it open and check it out and service it and I’m looking to see if anyone know of a shop they have used or is know of good service thanks

When I purchased a used 9x11 it was set up for 1200 stall speed.

I sent it to PTC in muscle shoals Alabama and they rebuilt it with 3000 stall. That was probably 4 years ago and it has been fine ever since.

When I purchased a used 9x11 it was set up for 1200 stall speed.

I sent it to PTC in muscle shoals Alabama and they rebuilt it with 3000 stall. That was probably 4 years ago and it has been fine ever since.

I was told mine was 2800 stall , how much did it run you and what turbo is that behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a TE44. Boost builds quick but not instantly....i dont rember cost. It came from a vendor that used to advertise on here. I was pretty mad the stall was off so much, so i just shipped it to a vendor with a good reputation

That's where I would go with it. Would ya bring your Buick to a Toyota dealer to get fixed ?? :p We ran 9.9s @ 138 with a ... ummm 67 turbo from what I remember.. Hey that was 2007 !!

I don’t like taking my Buick to any shop [emoji31] Hope I hoping to get in the low 11’s gots get this turbo to spool

I don’t like taking my Buick to any shop [emoji31] Hope I hoping to get in the low 11’s gots get this turbo to spool

Well start to learn stuff on the car. Really not that hard. Keep it simple/stupid . We all started somewhere.!!:nailbiting:

I have a 9x11 2800, it was built for a stock turbo, TE61 now,times are in my sig. !t should 60 better now.

I have a Gen2 Translator and I have really high timing from to 2-3k and it really helps me get up on boost quickly. You are running stock cam/heads so rpm is limited. I also have a RJC style boost controller and it helps a lot too. Might wanna look at Dave's converter or the Full Throttle ones and compare the cost of having it cut open and shipping both ways. Probably 75% of the cost of one of the 9.5" from Dave or FT.
What is the stall suggested for the 6262?

I have a Gen2 Translator and I have really high timing from to 2-3k and it really helps me get up on boost quickly. You are running stock cam/heads so rpm is limited. I also have a RJC style boost controller and it helps a lot too. Might wanna look at Dave's converter or the Full Throttle ones and compare the cost of having it cut open and shipping both ways. Probably 75% of the cost of one of the 9.5" from Dave or FT.
What is the stall suggested for the 6262?

I️ have had a xfi installed and that helps with some of the spool up I️ believe for the 6262 it is 3000 to 3200

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think one of the 9.5" would work better for you, the 2 I mentioned are $600 and the other option is the PTC 10" which is cheaper or the 9.5 non lock which is $1k ish.

Yea so with to two cheaper ones I still might save a buck or two sending mine out I got a good deal on here when I got it I’ll call around tomorrow thanks for all your help

No problem, if you have the ability to tune ur XFI the 2800 can work good enough and not slip too much up top. Here's a vid of me leaving @2800 and 0 boost

No problem, if you have the ability to tune ur XFI the 2800 can work good enough and not slip too much up top. Here's a vid of me leaving @2800 and 0 boost

Nice [emoji1417] and it was a mustang to if any thing I just want to make sure it’s good before I put it in the car I have heard of people using a used converter and it Messi g up the trans