89 TTA + 87 GN vs 87 GNX

jkdturbo6

If you had your choice between owning one of the combinations of cars below, which would you rather have? Assuming all cars in this case are mint 100% original, and have low mileage all under 5K. These will be driven and not garage queens, but no more than 500-600 miles a year will be put on them individually.

89 TTA + 87 GN ----- or ------- an 87 GNX

total cost of either combination around 40K

Would like to hear everyone thinks the pluses and minus in each choice would be, and what you think the long term investment values 5 years, 10 years, 15 years out might look like.

choices

2 cars are better than 1. The way my 87 GN always seems to be in the garage being worked on, it would sure be nice to have a second turbo car to drive. Nothing against the GNX.

GNX

I don't like f body's no matter whats under the hood. Sure I have respect for them, but I just don't like pony cars no matter what badging is on it. Besides I just love GNX's I can only wish I had one. Anybody wanna trade?:D

GN and TTA. Each are totally different in personalities and for your different moods... Want raw power and handling for tearing up some streets and curves blasting out under 20 lbs of boost today? Take the TTA out. Wanna go get attention at a car show, bringing the family? Take the GN and burn some rubber.

:)

Bob

TTA and GN. I don't really understand the whole GNX thing. I mean sure they are rare and it was a factory production thing but its just a GN with a different chip and Turbo (not really better anyways)

Its worth so much cause they didn't make very many of them.

Thats just me..

The TTA smokes a GNX in every Performance catagory, I'll take the TTA please.

500-600 miles a year? What fun is that...

Ok so they added wheels, louvers and copied the F-body on the rear suspension... Still its pretty much just a GN. :D

Damn! Another thread on this subject!

I put it like TTA89 said already in the other post about this.

I say we stir it up a bit and post "What is better, a GN or T-Type?":eek:

ok.... Most are liking the pair of them... That's been my preference all along!! Since I already have the GN I'm 1/2 way there!!

So Vsix,and 2Quik6..... do you enjoy the TTA just as much, more, or differently than the GN? More details please!!!

Thanks all... this is great feedback!!!

Originally posted by jkdturbo6
So Vsix,and 2Quik6..... do you enjoy the TTA just as much, more, or differently than the GN? More details please!!!
I enjoy both cars in different ways. My GN is not stock and is a little more than a full second faster in the 1/4, the TTA is 99% stock now, I removed the cat, and have a knock and 2nd boost gauge just for peace of mind. The GN gets more looks and people come over to look at it more often...lets face it, 1 out of 1000 people or less don't even know that there is a TTA. I've had maybe 2 or 3 people actually know what it was, the other few that have said something was along the lines of "does it have a V8" or "does that really have a turbo?" and thats only because they saw the "TURBO" badge on the fender. When I want to kick someone's but, I drive the GN. If I feel like haulin around some turns, the TTA is more fun as it drives on rails.
If I put the magnetic decals on the TTA, it get a few more looks, they are both very unique cars. It was fun to take the TTA to the track on street night and whoop mustang after mustang with open exhaust, while I just made a slight whistle down the track....had several people come ask what the hell was in it as they too did not know about a TTA :)
I've had the GN for about 13 years now, if I had to part with one, it would be the TTA that would go only because I've got a lot of sweat and tears in the GN and have had it since college days. Only had the TTA a little more than 2.5 years.

I like them both for different reasons my 87 GN has the "Raced out look" no front sway bar,skinny front wheels and tires and a big front mount I/C ..so it doesn't handle very well ;) i wanted something that handled and had alot of MPH (top end) :eek: i'm not a big Corvette fan i drove them all :rolleyes: so i bought the 89 TTA and it does both VERY well and is a rare car too :D with only 1,555 TTAs built how picky can you be :confused: I'm glad i didn't get a Vette :p

Jim

Ok.... I'm convinced the next addition will be a TTA. Does anyone know where a low mileage (under 10K) all original TTA is for sale?

Please send me email with details....

Thanks,

Sorry but I don't see all the hype about a GNX...and the people that DO own them how many actually drive them? So it's a GN with some upgrades....big deal...it's sought after because of it's rarity.

Give me a TTA and a GN hands down :)

I'd take in this order:

1. GNx
2. GN
3. Turbo Regal Limited
4. TTA

I have my cars for me and no one else but when it comes to a TTA everyone's reaction is "huh". Had a ricer and his buddy pull up next to me yesterday with coffee can fart pipe and asked "rev it up". Did so to which he said "is that it?". Light turned green before I could say noise doens't = performance. Damn near everone knows about a GNx and GN.

F-bodys = squeaks, rattles, harsh rides & hard to get in-out.
G-bodys = comfy comfy comfy....I'm not into twisties.

I'll take serious inquiries into buying my 14,000 mile TTA. Photos at:
http://www.krif.com/tta/TTA/

Photos of every nook and cranny of the car sent on request....bolts on undercarriage are still rust free.

I think I'd rather have the 2 cars, but I think the GNX will have the better value than the two combined in the long run.