88 Turbo coupe

Don 231

Hello, I have a 88 thunderbird turbo coupe 5 speed as a work car and I think the turbo may be going bad. Question is.. will a stock turbo buick turbo fit or is it too big? The car is mostly stock, execpt for a gillis boost valve.

You need to get a [TO4?] turbo from a '86 'Bird and have the compressor side of the turbo hogged to acommodate a stock GN compressor wheel. Your '88. like my '87 'work' car, has an IHI turbo on it...much smaller than previous years, but faster spool-up. I will tell you that a stock or Dutt necked GN intercooler will virtually drop right in once the Ford rad-cover/dual fan assembly is permanently replaced with a GN fan set-up. Be sure and get the 'inlet' ducting/scoop with the GN i/c. :D
Good luck
Jim

I sold my 88 not long ago , i thought the trans was bad but it was only the stall that broke from power braking the car. Only sold it for 500.00 and it was in nice shape and ran great :(

The car flys for a 4 cyl, it handles great too. I am a gm fan but got this car cheep and love it!