88 Mile GNX Value?

YellowMurci

wondering what my car was worth? thinking of replacing with a driver -

88 Miles Sticker on Window
NOS set of Eagles along with Original - ALL stock car not touched - fillers perfect

thanks all

Less then a 100 miles is gonna pull some coin for sure. THAT separates the LOW mile cars from the really LOW mile cars. $125-150k or so depending on Paint. I would try at a major Auction first. Probably get more money there even with auction fees. No different then buying a rare painting and putting it on ur wall. U just put it in ur garage....:)

I totally agree with GNBRETT in regards to having your car go through an auction such as Mecum or Barrett Jackson. Trust me these two companies would be all over your car considering the miles, condition and because it's a freakin GNX man!!! I would say your car is worth $140k-$150k. Good luck!!

Big auctions BIG FEES. 18% + Fee's. Soooo $150K they get $30k . I'd work with a private party deal. Less aggravation. "Barrett-Jackson earns their money via an 8% seller's premium charged to the seller (consignor) when their car is sold. They also collect a 10% bidder's premium from the buyer once the car sells " PLUS a listing fee.

They don't get $30k from the seller. Seller gives up 10% on reserve vehicles. So $150k reserve would net him $135k but considering there are probably less then (20) GNX's on Planet Earth with under a 100 miles I would say $150k might be on the low side. He could put the reserve at $180k and see what happens.

Under a 100 miles puts that GNX is a completely different class. Its the class of rich people who want collectables to add to their car collection. Im sure the guy who buys it will keep it under a 100 miles so I can see this fetching quite a bit and a place like Fleabay or even here won't even scratch the surface of potential bidders from around the world.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to place it everywhere but Fleabay will be full of scammers and the aggravation for a car of this caliber imo is not even worth it!

Big auctions BIG FEES. 18% + Fee's. Soooo $150K they get $30k . I'd work with a private party deal. Less aggravation. "Barrett-Jackson earns their money via an 8% seller's premium charged to the seller (consignor) when their car is sold. They also collect a 10% bidder's premium from the buyer once the car sells " PLUS a listing fee.

They don't get $30k from the seller. Seller gives up 10% on reserve vehicles. So $150k reserve would net him $135k but considering there are probably less then (20) GNX's on Planet Earth with under a 100 miles I would say $150k might be on the low side. He could put the reserve at $180k and see what happens.

Under a 100 miles puts that GNX is a completely different class. Its the class of rich people who want collectables to add to their car collection. Im sure the guy who buys it will keep it under a 100 miles so I can see this fetching quite a bit and a place like Fleabay or even here won't even scratch the surface of potential bidders from around the world.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to place it everywhere but Fleabay will be full of scammers and the aggravation for a car of this caliber imo is not even worth it!

Does a seller have the ability to negotiate ahead of time with the auction company on the fee?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not to my knowledge. BJ Its 8% if there is no reserve. 10% if there is. But thats only if it sells. There is an entry fee but those vary from one auction to another. Im not sure what Mecums fees are exactly but their entry fees are from like $300-$500 I think per day. Mecums auction fees are far less then Barret Jacksons are if I remember correctly. I think they get 5% or something.

Does a seller have the ability to negotiate ahead of time with the auction company on the fee?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP, what do you feel your car is worth? Give us your option on this matter please. Thanks!

Would sure like to see a pic of History.. Can u post something so we can all drool over it.....

Believe it or not big $$$ cars are not that bad to sell. Most people will already have people waiting for the car to come up for sale.

What I am saying is why would ya spend 18% to have someone sell your car . $150k car an BJ gets $30k !!?? I wouldn't do it BUT I am not sellin it.

Grumpy its not 18% its 10%. The buyer pays the other 8% so the seller is not whacked for 18%. That would be crazy! No one would list their car there for an 18% commission fee. 10% is crazy enough!

What I am saying is why would ya spend 18% to have someone sell your car . $150k car an BJ gets $30k !!?? I wouldn't do it BUT I am not sellin it.

I know your only paying 8% Your $150k car you could sell for $120k +. $30k is a lot of advertising

Really on the fence with selling it just figured I buy a driver for 60k or so and get to use it a little more