88 Mile GNX Value?

#547 with about 68 miles brought $220k at Mecum this past year. Of course, it was 547.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mine is a driver and driven every weekend. It would kill me to see it and not drive it.
The bad part about driving it is that since no one really drives their GNX's, everyone assumes its a fake.
Good luck to you if you decide to sell....I hope it gets all the money and then some.

Based on the 3 low mile GNX’s that just crossed the block at auction I would say you would be lucky cracking $100K if you were to auction the car, which would net you less than $90K, not to mention the cost of getting the car to an auction. You should still be able to get more than you paid though.

As said , GNX values fluctuate up and down almost yearly . As per current auction prices , bringing a car to auction ( the seller) is risky , you are gambling one or more in the room are there for YOUR car (GNX) . If you want a certain price , put your car on the normal sites , Carsonline/ Hemmings/etc and wait it out . No sale ? , then you have to revisit your asking price and to in your head what you think your car is worth , and now if you will stand your ground on price and hold out , or lower price .
Also as said , hammering at the auctions , how much are you actually netting ? , and the insert fees/shipping to get it there/your hotels/time from work/etc . IMO , I most likely would never do one of these auctions unless it was close to me and is an auction house that I can put a reserve ( Mecum) . Hence , no X's at Mecum this year .
To sum it up , YellowMurci , as a GNX owner myself , I think your X is def worth more than $100K ,but unfortunately when 3 at the same time auctions like this happen hurts you because now everyone is going to use it as a gauge for the value . Just like stocks , they go up and down , when the right time to cash out is nerve racking cause you don't know if it is low or there is more left in it . IMO , what you want for yours , now is not the time to sell it .
One thing that shows on the GNX values is sometimes extreme low miles doesn't affect the values as much as you think they do ( the auction buyers that BUY odometers ) , vs. the X's with like 022 with 7k . We know probably half of the X's were bought and locked up like this for future investment , but if there are that many to be had and pick from , then the supply and demand on them lessens .
People love to say " look at what this one went for here with xxx miles " , but unless you are there and have inspected the car in person , you don't know the situation and condition of the car . I drove 9 hours to go look at / buy (money was in hand ) an X that a lot of people here on this site raved about , in about 30 seconds I knew I wasn't buying it , won't get into the particulars , but as a paint / body guy it was way off from the sellers description . The one I ended up with I am very happy with .
Bottom line , just because these are seen at auction for what some are thinking are the current "real" values , well , during the year when these auctions aren't happening , try and find an X that suites you ( price and mileage ) , it is slim to none .
Sorry to go on YellowMurci , again , if you are thinking about selling , maybe now is not the time if you want $100k plus, and most certainly you putting it out there , those that are serious , are going to throw these findings at you . You might want to hold out awhile . If you have to sell , then these were the current values that are going to be looked at .

I'd sit on it an wait for the right buyer. Get the word out you have a GNX for sale. Word of mouth travels fast.

......I looked at three years ago. I also advertised here and on TB's looking for a GNX. Guy had no idea about the net. Friend of his gave him my phone # an we showed up 2 days later. He had sent me great pics. 2700 mile car still in plastic. Got there .. walked around the car for a few minutes an bought it. He was the original owner.

...GOOD LUCK :cool: