87 white T f/s

Waiting for underside pic's. Any track times??

Sorry about that. Here you go. Yes it ran a 12.61 at 109 with a poor 2.XX 60 ft a rich tune and a stock D5

Attachments

• Regal undercarriage 016.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 016.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 149
  • Regal undercarriage 017.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 017.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 149
  • Regal undercarriage 004.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 004.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
  • Regal undercarriage 005.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 005.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 145
  • Regal undercarriage 006.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 006.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
  • Regal undercarriage 007.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 007.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 137
  • Regal undercarriage 008.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 008.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 132
  • Regal undercarriage 009.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 009.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 129
  • Regal undercarriage 010.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 010.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 127
  • Regal undercarriage 011.jpg
    Regal undercarriage 011.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 121
Nice! Having a hard time deciding white, gray or black and t tops or no t tops grrrrrrrr!

Thought I'd give all an update. I have stayed in touch with the fellow that bought my car....and he has decided he wants to now sell it. Turns out he's the type that buys cars, fixes them and re-sells them. He claims he's put in new valve springs, changed the belt to a shorter one and replaced the muffler to a more quiet muffler. He also had the window tint redone and last I saw, he swapped the stock 10 fin rims for some Weld bullets, however I'm not sure if they come with the car or not. He took it to an 8th mile track and ran a 7.85 in the 1/8 at 87 MPH with a 1.72 60 ft. He's asking $14,000 for it. He says it's a whole different car now. He's located in Macon, MO. If anyone is interested I will forward your info to him.

(wishing I had the $ to buy it back but that's a dream)

As a three time owner of GN's can someone tell me is this brake system much better than the old set up in the Buick GN/T-types? I always hated the brake system on my GN's.

Nice T-Type... wish my 96 Impala SS was sold

Hydroboost - is the bomb.
It's the older - old setup prior to 86.
t's the best of both world - solid braking with no worries about vacuum.
Without the worries of an accumulator ball or PM motor failing.
And although minor in scope - it uses the same brake pedal assy as the PM - unlike having to change it to go to vacuum assist.
It also can use a standard Saginaw style master cylinder, for which there are many many options - and dress ups.

The only downside to it is perhaps the extra hoses n such, and the potential for a fluid leak. Minor though.

I do think the PM gets a little bit of a harsh rap though.
It was a little cutting edge at the time - so that learning curve is going to occur.
And true enough they have issues - and even failures - but there are an aweful lot of them still running - and that's 25 years and counting.
That's not too horrible in my book.

Thought I'd give all an update. I have stayed in touch with the fellow that bought my car....and he has decided he wants to now sell it. Turns out he's the type that buys cars, fixes them and re-sells them. He claims he's put in new valve springs, changed the belt to a shorter one and replaced the muffler to a more quiet muffler. He also had the window tint redone and last I saw, he swapped the stock 10 fin rims for some Weld bullets, however I'm not sure if they come with the car or not. He took it to an 8th mile track and ran a 7.85 in the 1/8 at 87 MPH with a 1.72 60 ft. He's asking $14,000 for it. He says it's a whole different car now. He's located in Macon, MO. If anyone is interested I will forward your info to him.

(wishing I had the $ to buy it back but that's a dream)

First of all - great avatar. I always liked that avatar.

Now - second of all - you mean to tell me that after 6 months - you wish you could buy it back?
I coulda saved you all that neuron overload and told you so back in April.
I keep tellin people - you can't buy a decent running used KIA for 11 grand.
And look at the pics of your car - it was (is) nice!
I dunno - could be the fall hayfever season - but my nose smells a wife.
The only way I am selling is if someone has a gun to my mouth, or Sarah Silverman says she will marry me if I sell all my Turbo Regals.

Not exactly sure how I feel about TR car flippers but I suppose it's all good if they are improving and not destroying.
More power to the new guy who changed out some window tint and springs and is asking 3 grand more.
Don't know about that though.
It was a nice deal at 11, 14? not sure.
But more power to him - I hope he gets 24.
Makes mine worth that much more.

Attachments

• NOT FOR SALE - 4.png
    NOT FOR SALE - 4.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 23
Whats up David? I talked to that guy at the Hartman car show a few months back.

Hi Bob. Yes he told me he met you somewhere with the car. Where was the Hartman show?

First of all - great avatar. I always liked that avatar.

Now - second of all - you mean to tell me that after 6 months - you wish you could buy it back?
I coulda saved you all that neuron overload and told you so back in April.
I keep tellin people - you can't buy a decent running used KIA for 11 grand.
And look at the pics of your car - it was (is) nice!
I dunno - could be the fall hayfever season - but my nose smells a wife.
The only way I am selling is if someone has a gun to my mouth, or Sarah Silverman says she will marry me if I sell all my Turbo Regals.

Not exactly sure how I feel about TR car flippers but I suppose it's all good if they are improving and not destroying.
More power to the new guy who changed out some window tint and springs and is asking 3 grand more.
Don't know about that though.
It was a nice deal at 11, 14? not sure.
But more power to him - I hope he gets 24.
Makes mine worth that much more.

Your nose is correct. It was a case of I had lost interest in the car, and in all reality I wanted to just park it in a barn, close the door, and save it for another day when the interest came back....but at the same time I had a resorted classic car (69 Nova) in my dad's garage that needed to get out as it was being taken over by the mice, etc....and so the Mrs. seems to think that with 2 kids and a spouse, having a 2nd play toy was not practical, when we don't even own the home we live in. (only have a small 2 car garage)

So it was one or the other, and since the Nova was a gift that I didn't have much $$ into, guess what ended up going? Now I'm in the market to sell my old truck and buy something different, that would be my excuse to buy it back....but $14k is a little out of my price range...oh well....I'll leave you with a few pics he sent me after the sale. Again if anyone is interested PM me your info and I'll pass it along to him.
afterIsoldit1jpg.jpg
afterIsoldit2.jpg

Yeah - I thought my nose has that ability. :D
I've seen more TR's go buh-bye on account of current wife or GF, ex-wife, soon to be ex-wife.
I've sworn that whole wife thing off - until I get that time machine finished.
Easy for me to say though - I rub on Regals all weekend and you have a wife.

Although, I'm sure you feel as if you were faced with that classic moral dilemma of having to chose which child to throw overboard if your raft was sinking.
I hope you're happy now sending that poor Virginal White T into the cold, and stormy waters.
All for a ...omg...a Chevy.
You chose a Chevy and tossed the TR overboard. Have you no shame? :p
Did you toss and turn at night - and thought you heard it crying out for you in the distance?
Or like they ask me - Question ="How do you sleep at night" - Answer = "Don't drink coffee after 7 PM"

But - ya gotta do what you gotta do in the moment you gotta do it in.
Not like you can't get another TR - as there are plenty o' fine specimens on here all the time Fo' Sale.
Getchya a Lamp Black Paint Code 19 version this time. That would be different! Said no one :D

To each his own on those rims - but I always like the N89 Vectors better.
I don't see any considerable change in stance with the Weldstars or CL or whatever they are.
Easier to clean - I'll freely admit! :D

But I'm not seeing the 3K in upgrades - yet.

Maybe I'll buy it and roll by your house and lay a drag? Just to teach you a good lesson! :p

Hi Bob. Yes he told me he met you somewhere with the car. Where was the Hartman show?

Your nose is correct. It was a case of I had lost interest in the car, and in all reality I wanted to just park it in a barn, close the door, and save it for another day when the interest came back....but at the same time I had a resorted classic car (69 Nova) in my dad's garage that needed to get out as it was being taken over by the mice, etc....and so the Mrs. seems to think that with 2 kids and a spouse, having a 2nd play toy was not practical, when we don't even own the home we live in. (only have a small 2 car garage)

So it was one or the other, and since the Nova was a gift that I didn't have much $$ into, guess what ended up going? Now I'm in the market to sell my old truck and buy something different, that would be my excuse to buy it back....but $14k is a little out of my price range...oh well....I'll leave you with a few pics he sent me after the sale. Again if anyone is interested PM me your info and I'll pass it along to him. View attachment 199814View attachment 199816

I dig that guy's shop though!