87 white T f/s

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I've decided to put my 87 T up for sale. I've had my fun with it, but now with 2 kids and on a single income, I don't get to enjoy it, have lost interest in it and have decided it's time to move on.

Factory options are the turbo V6, 4 speed auto, posi trac rear, power windows, power locks, power 6 way drivers seat, power antenna, factory buckets and center console, tilt wheel, cruise control, vanity mirrors, working a/c and heat, rear window defogger. This car also came factory with the chrome package.

Engine has mods are TE-60 turbo, 60 lb injectors, 212/206 cam, 40k coil pack, Magnecor 10 MM wires, EGR block off, ARP head studs, intake power plate, Duttweiler necked I/C, Alkycontrol meth injection, Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Turbo Tweak alky chip (burned for 92 octane), RJC boost controller, RJC power plate, 160 deg. t-stat and a Racetronix high flow fuel pump with Full Throttle hot wire. The factory electric fan was replaced with dual electric fans with a Caspers wiring kit.

The exhaust is a 3 inch Terry Houston downpipe, mated to a 3 inch single shot exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow muffler. Transmission has a PTC 2800 stall, with B&M aux trans cooler and a Metco drive shaft loop. The ECM has a Powerlogger attached.

Interior features a PLX wide band, Steadfast column guard, Caspers audible knock detector, 145 MPH speedometer, Autometer boost/vac and fuel psi gauges, and VDO oil psi gauge and a Scanmaster. The windows are tinted with what I believe is a 20% tint.

For tunes the car comes with a Kenwood Excellon CD player w/iPod hook up, with Polk speakers in the dash and rear deck, and a single 12" JL Audio sub/250 watt amp

Other mods are all 4 Bilstein shocks and a hydroboost conversion. (yes, bye bye is the powermaster) I also have the trunk braces, the underhood braces and the jounce braces all installed. I replaced the donut spare with a full sized spare, and the jack/tire iron are still there. There's probably other mods that elude me at this time.

The car is not a show car, but it is a nice driver. The paint is shiny, not perfect. The body is very solid. It's not rotted. There is a small amount of surface rust inside the door seams.The frame and underbody is also solid. This was a Raleigh NC car for 20 years of it's life before I moved it to MO where I kept it garaged.

The interior was redone in tweed in the past. It's different. The engine runs good, it pulls hard although the valve springs could use a swap. Boost is currently set at 23 psi. The trans shifts good. The car rides ok, it could use some new bushings. All the lights, wipers, windows, power seat, rear window defogger, etc. work. The only things I know don't work are the power antenna and the power locks.

I just had the alky pump rebuilt, the coil pack, tires and shocks are fairly new, the PTC torque converter was put in 2 summers ago summer, as was the a/c compressor, yet the car was driven not even 1000 miles. The a/c does work and has been converted over to R134a. The hydroboost is about 2 years old and was built with all remanufactured parts. I also had the steering box replaced on it a few years back.

The odometer reads 24k but I'm sure it's been rolled once. I do have a binder of literature I built for this car along with a folder full of receipts for almost everything I've ever done to the car. I do have a clean title in my name from Indiana where it's plated. The car is located in Missouri 60 miles east of Kansas City.

I'm setting the price at $11,000 obo.

Sedalia6-11-11006.jpg

interiorFeb2012005.jpg

interiorFeb2012003.jpg

ACrepair006-1.jpg

3-20-11003.jpg

Good looking Regal! I know you mention the less than perfect paint and the misplaced emblems lend me to believe it's seen a repaint sometime in its past but either way it's one great looking ride. Best of luck with the sale and at that price it shouldn't last long.

Good looking Regal! I know you mention the less than perfect paint and the misplaced emblems lend me to believe it's seen a repaint sometime in its past but either way it's one great looking ride. Best of luck with the sale and at that price it shouldn't last long.

You always mention emblems that are misplaced...lol your the emblem police. I'm going to look @ your photobucket now and pm you with ANYTHING i see out of a place. :p

Yea my bad, it's stuck in my head after I read "Kirban's Guide to 1986-1987 Buick Turbo Regals". He made a point that if emblems are out of place there's definitely something amiss. GM specifically put them in the exact same spot on every Regal they made and it's a RED FLAG if they're out of place. It's just a great tool to use to spot a repaint, collision work, replacement parts or what have you. Especially when a seller makes a claim otherwise. I've spotted MANY turbo Regals on this site where the seller claims one thing and the emblems themselves tell a very different story.

As far as my prior TR's you'll find I put "T Type" emblems on my '87 Regal purposely because no one in my area knew what a "Turbo T" was. I put them in the correct place however LOL. The other was my most recent purchase which had the "3.8 SFI TURBO" trunk emblem too far to the right. That's since been corrected to the ½" gap between the emblem and the edge of the trunk. That was misplaced by the dealer who had to repaint the trunk after damaging it when a technician placed his brake fluid coated hand on the trunk which ate the paint.

I'm partial to white TR's and this one is beautiful to say the least and if I had enough $ would add it to my collection history, but it's not in the cards. I hope "Turbo T" gets every dollar he's asking for such a nice example still left of our wonderful cars.

Thanks all,

Yes the car was repainted in the past.

Here's a few more pics I snapped....headliner is in good shape...

RegalTtypecloseup008_zps72847528.jpg

RegalTtypecloseup006_zps4673c9a3.jpg

Driver's door has a small amount of rust inside....

RegalTtypecloseup001_zps00774c28.jpg

Pass side looks better....note that's white you see on the door seal where someone didn't mask it off correctly....

RegalTtypecloseup003_zpsebb82e1a.jpg

A more recent shot of the underhood, showing the hydroboost conversion. I do have the turbo shield and the I/C shroud to go with the car....

RegalTtypecloseup005_zpsf1e50702.jpg

And here's the real reason it should sell.....hee hee...

RegalTtypecloseup007_zps4777cfa4.jpg

As a three time owner of GN's can someone tell me is this brake system much better than the old set up in the Buick GN/T-types? I always hated the brake system on my GN's.

Nice T-Type... wish my 96 Impala SS was sold

All TURBO Buicks were built with the exquisitely designed "power master" brake system. I believe the 1982 Regal station wagon came equipped with the 307 V-8 and used the Buick the tried and true, problem-free brake system they used in the turbo Regals. For what ever reason they wanted to use the wonderfully proven "power master brake vacuum system" that's been so well proven, it needed to be proven even more useful. I suppose no one ever gave it a thought that an electric motor tends to FAIL OVER TIME as opposed to a permanent source of vacuum created by a running engine....utter brilliance, just brilliance. Very perplexing considering the technical expertise they put into the development of the of the LC2 engine itself.

Pontiac and GMC apparently learned from Buick's missteps and kept the standard vacuum brake system when they developed the 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am (with the same 3.8 SFI Turbo engine) and 1991 Buick Syclone (with the 4.3 Fuel Injected Turbo).

do you have any pics of the underside of car? any rust issues on floor boards or rockers??

Not at this time. If I can break free from a hectic schedule I'll put it on a lift and snap some pics. But to answer your question, the floor boards and rockers are solid. Also the frame is solid.