87 T with astroroof

Perpendicular

I was in, but now out.
Not sure if I really want to sell it, but here goes...

I have an 87 T with Astroroof that may be available. I don't know what it is worth right now in this market, but I may be up for a trade and cash if it is something cool.

I looked for a while for a GN and came across this one about 6 months ago. It was from Texas and the owner went to IL for two years and then brought it back. No real winters up there as it was in the garage as a spare car during that time. It wouldn't pass Texas state inspection once I bought it so I started digging into issues. One cylinder was only 80 lbs so the motor had to be rebuilt. Since I had it apart I did a few other things.. And so it started.

New interior, everything has been redone. I would suggest a new headliner as the PO cut it too far away from the astroroof to tighten it up. It is new tho, and so are the visors.

Paint is flawless except for one spider crack on the trunk lid. NO RUST.

This is a Cruise Control car with COLD AC (Texas, ya know ;)

Motor has about 10 miles on it. Tranny has about 2K miles on it. It is a Non-Posi car but I have the Posi unit in a box waiting to be installed.

It has a full Alpine audio system with bluetooth, USB, iPod, etc, etc etc. It will even play audio through the bluetooth....Sub, Amp, new speakers, sub, Concert sound setup so new JBL's in the doors, etc, etc.

This car has been built right (I am a picky kinda guy) and it is kinda a killer to sell it, but things are what they are. This is not an abused car, or one that has had a buch of modifications done to it - one of the reasons I picked THIS car when I bought it. The ony changes from stock are listed above and the heads. I bought some mild heads, a Cam and new valve springs. Turbo was verified to be good with no movement - likely done recently according to my turbo guy.

I don't know what to ask to sell it, or even if it is worth it to me selling it. I have a small fortune in it, so I know I won't get all of my money back out.

So, give me your ideas, thoughts, or what have you... Pics should speak for themselves, but I can take more if anyone wants them.

What I would do on the car next is likely tires as they are older and the lower door gaskets as they are worn away. Window gaskets are all new.

I am putting tie-rod ends on this week once they come in (Moog) and will have it aligned after that.

It should also have the oil changed in 90 miles, since the motor is just now getting broken in.

This is a car that you don't have to spend any money on. Unless you are like me and just have that 'itch' to spend.....

Yes, I will buy another one, soon, if at all possible.

DSC02202.JPG

DSC02203.JPG

87Regal

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

DSC02475.JPG

DSC02512.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

Wow that color is awesome, especially with the GTA wheels. How much are you looking to get? Its kind of the rules to post this. But I am really interested. So let me know what you are looking to get, I have some things to trade, and cash if your willing to take that low of amount. Is it rust free?

Uhhg, I guess I should have looked up the rules about posting. Sorry folks.

I will remove as I don't really know what I want.

Thanks for the compliments, ZNix. Yes, it is rust free!!!

Price

I guess I had better list a price.

How about $10K. Doesn't mater how much I have in it, I know, but with others pricing and what has sold, I think that is a very fair price point.

Oh, one more mod was done to the car. Professionally installed, all connections soldered.

Viper remote start with remote windows and LCD display. One mile range and when you unlock the car or remote start it the display tells you the temp of the car inside.

The remote window feature also includes one touch windows. That means you press the switch down and it rolls them down all the way without you having to hold the switch. Also works rolling up. When you arm the alarm the windows roll up if they are down.

Yes, both are new and both came from Highway Stars. They seem to be very customer concious. I really like how far out of the way they went for me and what I wanted.

Thank you for the compliment! I has been a labor of love overall, so it is pretty bitter to sell it. If it doesn't sell, I won't be disapointed :)

That is one awesome looking car that you have there. It looks like you really took the time to put her back into near the shape she started out as when gm rolled her off the assembly line, job well done sir. It's great to see another person that appreciates these turbo buicks and knows how to rebuild one how they should be. From what i've seen, this forum has alot of knowledgeable people who love these rare wonders that were ruling the streets in the 80's and still hold their own today. I'll pm you alittle later today to get some details and info from you.

Yes, both are new and both came from Highway Stars. They seem to be very customer concious. I really like how far out of the way they went for me and what I wanted.

Thank you for the compliment! I has been a labor of love overall, so it is pretty bitter to sell it. If it doesn't sell, I won't be disapointed :)

Why did you decide to restore a Turbo-T with a GN style interior?

Why did you decide to restore a Turbo-T with a GN style interior?

Like Mike said, because of the look. I like the T's over GN's - personally - but like the seat / carpet combo of a GN.

The car can be converted back to the grey interior very easily, just seats, carpet and lower panels. Everything else is stock colors.

Kinda like wheels on a car; they are the owners reflection, not the other guys looking in ;)

What is the condition of the astroroof? Also, where is the car located? You said something about how hot it was in Texas, but the license plate says Illinois!?! What are you considering for trades?

What is the condition of the astroroof? Also, where is the car located? You said something about how hot it was in Texas, but the license plate says Illinois!?! What are you considering for trades?

Astroroof is in good condition, no leaks, moves nicely, etc.

From my initial post
It was from Texas and the owner went to IL for two years and then brought it back.
. I am in Texas, Austin. I took those pictures last week and had not put Texas plates on it yet.

Trades, well, I am open to what people have. I don't want something that I have no use for or is above what I think it is worth. Basically I dunno :)

Wish I could be a bit more clear on that, but I am pretty open.

I was wondering about trades because I have an '87 Limited that is about the exact same color with the GNX exterior kit. It has the original dark blue Limited interior and column shift, but I would like to have the astroroof and console shift.

What is the mileage on the car?
Does it still have the original RPO trunk sticker?
Is that a hydro-boost brake setup?