87 T-Top GN or T Wanted

54Rich

It's time to find another Turbo Buick. Must be a T-Top car, perfer Black if it's a T. Would like a GN this time around. Looking for an untouched original or tasteful mods (Chip, Injectors, Turbo, hot wire, fuel pump, etc) the less rust the better. Location does not matter (I'm in Wisconsin). I restore cars on the side and I'm looking to add to my collection, so your beloved GN that will never get done if you keep it, will get done in my possession. I've done a 54 Ford, 61 Ford, 78 VW, 69 GS, 87 T, working on a 56 IHC for a customer and multiple small projects. Here's my GS : https://www.facebook.com/1969-Buick-Restoration-131828133564349/ . I sold the car in my signature to fund the GS (GS is one of 269 4 speeds with air). Wished I had the funds at the time to keep them both, but didn't. Price depends on condition and what it will take to make it right. Will pay for the right car. Thanks everyone.

I know you wanted a T Top but if you cant find one I have a 87 Turbo T Black that is unmolested. It needs finished as I dont have time anymore with my kids playing travel soccer. It only has 53K miles and I have all new parts to complete it. New interior, new seals, the original wheels and new tires. Let me if you are interested but I know you want t T Top

I’ve kicked around the idea of parting with mine. 87 gn t tops 90k actual miles 4 owners with documented history (I’ve owned it 16 years). Southern car zero rust always garaged etc. Tasteful mods, new fillers, older repaint job that presents nicely. Will be upper teens money wise. Not really a project just could use a little TLC here and there. To give you an idea of “rust free” it still has the original muffler and tailpipes on it. It’s long hauled two power tours and if you want the definition of reliable I’d drive it to you and fly home.

It sounds like you’re looking for something a little cheaper and more of a project but if you’re interested we can talk more

I’ve kicked around the idea of parting with mine. 87 gn t tops 90k actual miles 4 owners with documented history (I’ve owned it 16 years). Southern car zero rust always garaged etc. Tasteful mods, new fillers, older repaint job that presents nicely. Will be upper teens money wise. Not really a project just could use a little TLC here and there. To give you an idea of “rust free” it still has the original muffler and tailpipes on it. It’s long hauled two power tours and if you want the definition of reliable I’d drive it to you and fly home.

It sounds like you’re looking for something a little cheaper and more of a project but if you’re interested we can talk more

At this time upper teens is beyond my budget, however, as time goes on it's increasing. Yes, I'm looking for more of a project but if I can't find one that's priced accordingly I may stretch out and opt for something finished. People fail to realize that "needs paint" is an expensive venture :) If you have a few pictures laying around, I'd love to see it. Thanks,

Rich

Looks like all the rest of them lol. I might have a few pics on my phone here.

Here’s a few highlights from the 16 power tour. Most of these were taken in Texas

92090731-233F-4296-B53B-052405EAF4BB.jpegC6284D45-9E59-4E8E-83CB-8CAC64CA4C97.jpegD9FBF9EC-B6DD-47FC-86E2-EB75334EB60A.jpegBE92581B-CF18-4560-A8DF-254D0BE5DF56.jpeg

I have an 87 t top GN. Looking to let it go. Cars got fresh paint. It was involved in a hail storm. At that time I decided on a repaint with new bumper fillers. Cars got under 40k miles. I have NOS T top weatherstripping for it. Original rims and tires. The GNX style wheels are on it. New precision 6262 dual ball bearing turbo. HR Parts upper/lower control arms. Scanmaster G.
Razors Alky. Bumper reinforcements replaced with aluminum ones. I also have some braces for it in the garage. Im sure Im missing much more. GNX style vents/ fender flares. All the parts I got will come with the car. The transmission will need a rebuild to handle the horsepower. Dave at Turbo Buick Performance is thinking the car has too much horsepower for the tranny. It does have Daves 9.5 3021 torque conveter also. So its rebuild or detune. Also the wheels do have the correct GNX offset. Wheels purchased from Mario1987 I think his username is. No pictures of the interior but I can snap some photos upon request. Interiors definately a 9 out of 10. Anybody interested hollar at me. Im a truck driver and I simply dont have the time to finish the car.

22000 FIRM Car is located near Hays KS

Screenshot_20190715-124333_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190715-124337_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190715-124345_Gallery.jpg

20181119_132352.jpg
20181129_130030.jpg
20181129_125944.jpg
20181119_132630.jpg
Screenshot_20190715-123912_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the help. I purchased a WE4 with 86K and T-Tops. Rust free, needs mechanical work. Exactly what I was looking for.

Is this car still available