87 Silver Turbo T 58K miles Trade for 10 sec Gn-T

this is the first time i have have tried to buy a car and have the cash and then i cant get ahold of the owner....phone/pm/ans so on..i told him i would buy it....is it still for sale?it seems my posts are invisible or something.evryone else is asking questions and he replies but not to me wanting to buy it outright?

The reason I posted is that 19TTA89 is not the only one doing this. If I call you personally, it serves no purpose. It was more FYI for people looking for cars on this forum.

Let's be honest. The car was posted for sale by you in 2 other threads. Dec. 22 for 13,500 and Jan 5 for maybe 12,500.

I am not suggesting what you should do with this beautiful car. it just rings hollow when someone buys a mint low mile car and says they were going to hack it up into a race car and then it's for sale one month later.

Nothing personal, just an FYI to other readers.

BTW, I could also build up my post #s by responding to every post saying I'm interested send me pix. :cool:

Who cares. It's his car and it's none of your business what he does with it. What you are doing is borderline harrassment. When one of us buys a piece of property to build a house on and decides to sell because we found another house, are you going to call my realtor and complain? Find something else to do please.

The reason I posted is that 19TTA89 is not the only one doing this. If I call you personally, it serves no purpose. It was more FYI for people looking for cars on this forum.

Let's be honest. The car was posted for sale by you in 2 other threads. Dec. 22 for 13,500 and Jan 5 for maybe 12,500.

I am not suggesting what you should do with this beautiful car. it just rings hollow when someone buys a mint low mile car and says they were going to hack it up into a race car and then it's for sale one month later.

BTW, I could also build up my post #s by responding to every post saying I'm interested send me pix. :cool:

Mike, do yourself a favor and be quiet on this one, you are starting a war here for no reason, and have upset a lot of people. If I was a moderator on these boards I'd consider kicking you out of here for good.. You say its nothing personal, but with the comments you've posted you've made it so... whether you intended to or not. Not only is the poster upset with you now, but the people subscribing to this thread as well. Stop it now. I somehow am in the middle of all this now because of you, bottom line, its his car, and he can do whatever he wants with it,,, who cares if he posted it two times and oh my god he wanted $13.5 before and now instead he'd rather trade for something he wants. Isn't this America, can't he opt to trade the car versus selling it??

If I had originally bought the car to crash into a wall,It would be nobody's business but my own.

But for some reason you seem to think that I bought this car to make into a race car,That wasn't the case at all.I recently sold my mid 10sec GN...I did not want to cage that car either...But I was at a crossroad with it...I couldn't race it without turning it down,But didn't want to hack it up putting a rollbar in it.So I sold it...Figuring I would pick up a nice lower mile T...Something that I could just run mid 11's in and be happy,And not worry about a rollbar.

Unfortunately...I had to come to grips with the fact that all I really do is race my cars anyway...And a mid 11sec car is not nearly fast enough for me. So,There was my problem,Do I throw my built motor/Trans in this car and cage it,Or sell it and look for something more suitable for what I want to do.Without ruining a nice low mile astroroof car..I chose the latter.

So,I had decided to first offer up a trade for a 10sec car...And see what type of offers roll in.And if nothing were to pop up that I liked,I would then list the car for sale.Mainly because I don't have the time right now to dedicate to building up a car myself.And Having owned cars with rollbars in them in the past..sometimes you just get sick of the Bar,I was just giving somebody the opportunity to jump out of there car and into this one.Which I have had a few offers,And I'm thinking some of them over.

There are a few serious buyers wanting the car,If I were in such a hurry to rob or rip anyone off...the car would be gone already.

I don't even know why I feel the need to respond to you....Except for the fact that you have turned this into something that it's not.And I'm not the only one who notices it.

I am going to have the mods lock this thread up...This thread was to sell a car,Not for anything else.And has strayed well off course.

make a request and repost it... We're way off course... Guys like this are beginning to piss me off more and more,, he should be kicked off...

I apologize for: highjacking your thread, it was not my intention at all.
making it personal, albeit unintentional. Poor choice of words.

The car is gorgeous and I don't know you to be anything but upstanding in your dealings on the forum.

Again I apologize and hope I can keep a good standing on the forum. I have been in the Turbo Buick scene since 1987 if that helps.

Sorry, Mike

I apologize for: highjacking your thread, it was not my intention at all.
making it personal, albeit unintentional. Poor choice of words.

The car is gorgeous and I don't know you to be anything but upstanding in your dealings on the forum.

Again I apologize and hope I can keep a good standing on the forum. I have been in the Turbo Buick scene since 1987 if that helps.

Sorry, Mike

Mike,

No problem....apology accepted,Like it never happened...;)

Thanks,Shawn

i have a 10 second gn but has a rebuilt title from a stolen recovery in ny in 1993......ill trade....im in so. florida.

Thank You for the offer...I have seen pictures of your GN..It is a real nice looking car,I just dont want anything with a "R" title.

Thanks Again,
Shawn

Bryan,

Why cant a for Trade ad exist in the for sale section?Especially if it posted that way specifically in the Title of the thread?I don't see a need for another section of the forum for it.

If you do decide to make a new section of the forum for it...Please let me know.You can delete this entire thread and I will start a new one there.

Thanks,Shawn

Your first post was well written and great amount of info, anyone could clearly tell that you were wanting to trade toward a faster turbo buick.

Well, i kinda assumed this thread would turn out like it has.

People see a VERY NICE turbo regal for sale/trade and want to BUY it right now and have cash in hand... They forget what YOU are wanting (trade), and have tunnel vision (must buy) :)

If there was a section for (trade only) people could list their non buick/buick cars for trade toward turbo buicks.

If you view the buick cars for sale, i always let the non buick cars that are for trade toward a turbo buick stay here in this section.

The non buick cars for sale (only) get booted to the non buick cars
The non buick cars for sale or trade toward turbo buick stay here.
The rolling chassis cars setup for buicks stay here.

I thought i would post what i was doing here cause this car is drawing alot of attention. And this thread actually ended out fairly well! :) Glad to see that everyone is level headed here on tb.com .

Your post and everyones posts for trade are AOK here in the for sale section, having another section would stop these types of threads happening.

I dont think that the section would take off very quick, but maybe in a few years.
When i suggested to Chris Rowe to start the TTA forum years back, it took awhile to get running, look at it now :)

Again, NICE CAR!!!! Looks just like my DD, but you knew that :)

BW

thanks. yeah the r title bothers many. i bought it because as my ad says...you cant get a 10 sec gn for 12k :)...good luck...awesome t btw!!!!