87 Grand National....Motivated Seller

1BAD_GN

1BAD_GN
The time has come for me to part ways with my GN. I have owned this car since October 2012, and have enjoyed it tremendously. These cars are truly special. Unfortunately due to my growing family I must sell.

As the title says its an 1987 Buick Grand National with 45,500 miles and I also have original paperwork from when the car was purchased from the dealership. The car has the following mods:

Razors Alky
TT Chip
60lb Injectors
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Power Plate
Tin Man Cold Air Induction
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Hotwire Kit
Adjustable Wastegate
RJC Boost Controller
3 Bar Map Sensor
MAF Translator
3 inch LT1 MAF Sensor
Pypes Dual Exhaust System
Scanmaster 2.1
3 inch downpipe

Car runs and drives great, Paint is Shiny, and the Body is straight as an arrow. Has passenger side valve cover leak is the only thing wrong with this car.
I'm asking $16,500 obo.
Located in Mississippi

Last edited:
20150910_120237.jpg 20150910_120242.jpg 20150910_120256.jpg 20150910_120323.jpg 20150910_120411.jpg 20150910_120426.jpg 20150910_120443.jpg 20150910_120501.jpg 20150910_120536.jpg 20150910_120611.jpg

This a great deal!!..Cant believe there hasn't been at least 1 offer. I was trying to keep the car in TB community. I haven't posted the car on Ebay!!!... This car deserves a great home

Looks nice to me. Why so cheap? What's the catch?
What do you mean what's the catch? The car was mechanically sound and free of rust or anything else, as it has never been involved in an accident. I priced the car a fair price to sell because quite frankly the ones I see priced at $20,000+ rarely get sold. So, I guess in that regard the catch was that I wanted to actually SELL the car and not sit on it for a year waiting on someone to buy it. It's been on this board for 2 weeks and I didn't get not one reply. Posted it on Craigslist at the same price and it sold in 3 days. Now do you see the catch??

Beautiful car! and someone got a steal---as I started reading your ad I was thinking $25000 would be the price --big surprise you were only asking 16500

Beautiful car! and someone got a steal---as I started reading your ad I was thinking $25000 would be the price --big surprise you were only asking 16500
I wanted to list it at $20,000 but I was afraid it wouldn't sell because honestly not a lot of people have 20k laying around to spare. As you can see even listed at $16.5k it didn't get a inquiry from here. I hated to part ways with it and hopefully when I get back stable I will get another one!

A true story about this car , The car was in Grenada MS , I live in New Albany , Ms . I drove to see the car on a Tuesday , 200 mile round trip , The car checked out except he couldn't say for sure the miles was correct , it was defiantly not a low mile car . He did have the docs for the upgrades and the car was very strong . I drove back the next day with a friend that's had 2 TB and wanted his opinion . We checked it out again from top to bottom . The man said make an offer and I did , He accepted my offer , we shook hands . I ask if I could leave some ernest money and he said no the car is yours . I told him I would be back the next day and pay him and pick up the car . I wasn't prepared that day to buy the car . I went home on cloud nine . My first GN . But I just felt something wasn't right and my wife said your crazy the car is yours . The next day ( I took off 3 days of work for this ) I could not get up with him , tried calling , texting , nothing . About lunch I got a text that said he had a better offer , and was selling to another guy . I really talked bad to him for doing that and wasting my time . I guess my feelings was hurt that I found one so close and that shit happened . I got over it and found the one I have now on Kirbans site for sell in Knoxville , Tn . A documented 65000 mile car that I caught a plane ride up and brought home , maybe not a perfect car but a for sure 9/10 . In saying all of this I guess I should thank the guy ,

A true story about this car , The car was in Grenada MS , I live in New Albany , Ms . I drove to see the car on a Tuesday , 200 mile round trip , The car checked out except he couldn't say for sure the miles was correct , it was defiantly not a low mile car . He did have the docs for the upgrades and the car was very strong . I drove back the next day with a friend that's had 2 TB and wanted his opinion . We checked it out again from top to bottom . The man said make an offer and I did , He accepted my offer , we shook hands . I ask if I could leave some ernest money and he said no the car is yours . I told him I would be back the next day and pay him and pick up the car . I wasn't prepared that day to buy the car . I went home on cloud nine . My first GN . But I just felt something wasn't right and my wife said your crazy the car is yours . The next day ( I took off 3 days of work for this ) I could not get up with him , tried calling , texting , nothing . About lunch I got a text that said he had a better offer , and was selling to another guy . I really talked bad to him for doing that and wasting my time . I guess my feelings was hurt that I found one so close and that shit happened . I got over it and found the one I have now on Kirbans site for sell in Knoxville , Tn . A documented 65000 mile car that I caught a plane ride up and brought home , maybe not a perfect car but a for sure 9/10 . In saying all of this I guess I should thank the guy ,

If you're going to tell a story, be sure to tell the whole story and also tell the TRUTH!!

Yes, you made a hour drive two days in a row to check over the car. I rearranged my work schedule both days to accommodate you and your "expert" friend. Also, my car had every piece of documentation from the original purchase and EVERY service record, AS WELL, as the performance upgrades which I kept all documentation for those. My car was a documented 53,000 mile car that was in great shape.

I was honest with you over the phone about the oil leak coming from passenger side valve cover (which is common on these cars). You drove my car both days and I ENCOURAGED you to drive it like an animal. So, does that sound to you like I was trying to hide anything or be dishonest about my car? Sure in hell doesn't sound like it to me.

My car was atleast a $20k car compared to the condition of other cars I have seen for sale on the board. You were encouraged by your "expert" buddy to LOW BALL me, as if I was desperate for money or something. So, kind sir at the end of the day you wasted your time and mine!!!!

For what it's worth, the guy that bought the car was a stand up guy who recognized that the car was priced fairly to begin with. He drove up and bought the car cash money without even driving or inspecting it for 2.5 hrs as you and your "expert" friend did. He has text me several times telling me how he is enjoying the car and thanking me for selling it to him.

That folks is the story in its entirety!!

P.S. Glad you found you a good car and welcome to board Keith.

Im just saying , my friend had no input in what I offered you , You was asking X for the car , You said make an offer . We was in the parking lot of tire store and my exact words was " I will make an offer but don't wanna make you mad or hurt your feelings " . I offered X and you said you was wanting X . My words was Im a fair man and will meet you half way and you shook my hand and said the car is yours . I ask if I could leave you money and you said no . I did not LOW BALL you , just made an offer . Im glad whoever got your car is enjoying it , very strong car .

That's the story and glad your still on here , a lot of good folks , I truly hope you get another car

I can understand going low for an easy sale. I hate dealing with tire kickers and having a car perpetually for sale in an attempt to get top dollar. Obviously lots of folks dont.

Im just saying , my friend had no input in what I offered you , You was asking X for the car , You said make an offer . We was in the parking lot of tire store and my exact words was " I will make an offer but don't wanna make you mad or hurt your feelings " . I offered X and you said you was wanting X . My words was Im a fair man and will meet you half way and you shook my hand and said the car is yours . I ask if I could leave you money and you said no . I did not LOW BALL you , just made an offer . Im glad whoever got your car is enjoying it , very strong car .

That's the story and glad your still on here , a lot of good folks , I truly hope you get another car
I'm glad you found a good one, they're getting harder to come by. There are great people and a ton of knowledge available on this forum. I'm starting to get that itch again for another Turbo Buick, thinking of going T-type this time around. The WS6 just didn't satisfy or live up to my expectations.

Hey 1BAD GN , I have a friend that has an 87 white TB in Ripley to sell , Really nice car if you interested I can hook yall up, I would buy it myself but we have to have a bigger garage before another car .

Hey 1BAD GN , I have a friend that has an 87 white TB in Ripley to sell , Really nice car if you interested I can hook yall up, I would buy it myself but we have to have a bigger garage before another car .
I appreciate it. I'm having a knee surgery next month and will be down 8-12 weeks, so it will be late summer/early fall before I'm ready to purchase another car. I will check back with you to see if he still has it. Thanks Keith.