‘87 GN No Start Help

Joel Russo

‘87 GN, 15K miles. I’ve been out of the GN scene for a while, and I’m just trying to get this started and moved.
Sat for 2 years without starting, and now won’t start.
There's fuel pressure at the rail, due to gauge, but plugs are dry after continuous cranking.
TT 60 lb injectors, 5.7 chip and Racetronics pump and wire kit installed about a year before it was parked. The pump is not at question as it’s sending fuel to the rail.
Looking for help here….

So, it's been sitting for 2 yrs....
What have you done prior to trying to start it?
Hopefully, you didn't leave the nasty fuel in it.

Either your injectors are dirty or bad or your having cam sensor issues.
And how much pressure is at the rail

Service engine light first--- then fuel--- air--- spark. oil pressure... security system?

Try some starting fluid in the up pipe while craniing, that will tell you a few things if it fires a bit.
30 psi. at the rail is a bit low but that would depend upon how and when it was measured and the status of the fuel pump check valve.
I doubt the fuel is bad to start the car, but that doesn't mean the injectors aren't messed up.

How about the orange wire near the battery, did you disconnect and forget to reconnect? that supplies the voltage to the computer.

Hopefully it has oil pressure after 2 years without removing the cam sensor and priming it.

‘87 GN, 15K miles. I’ve been out of the GN scene for a while, and I’m just trying to get this started and moved.
Sat for 2 years without starting, and now won’t start.
There's fuel pressure at the rail, due to gauge, but plugs are dry after continuous cranking.
TT 60 lb injectors, 5.7 chip and Racetronics pump and wire kit installed about a year before it was parked. The pump is not at question as it’s sending fuel to the rail.
Looking for help here….
Go to VORTEXBUICKS-ETC.COM & you will find the no start tree there. That site is very helpful from pin-outs to how to test different electrical components.

Thanks for your replies.
So far I have confirmed the following:
Spark
32 lbs Fuel pressure at the rail
Injector pulse to the injectors
Plugs are dry after cranking for a bit.

Thinking of replacing the injectors.