87 GN nicest car on here

Because there’s nothing bad to say.
This is the nicest or at least in the top 3 nicest GNs that I have ever seen pictures of over the net.

Very nice

Attachments

• Send3.Jpg
    Send3.Jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 583
That is the nicest GN I think I have ever seen, but if you want to fetch $32K for it, dont post the ad here. Put it on a trailer and take it to Scottsdale, AZ.
There is this little event there called Barret Jackson...

Im sure your dad was watching it when he came up with the price anyway!

Nice work. Nice car. Good luck, I hope you guys get great money for it.

If I were rich off my @ss, Id pay that for it..

I am a firm believer that anyone can ask anything they want for their car. I don't disagree that this car looks great and is probably a really nice car. But if you think your going to take it to Barret Jackson with a salvaged title and get anything decent for it you are out of your mind. By law the auction would have to disclose that it has a salvage title. How many collectors are going to want to pay for a really nice car with a bad title. I think the car looks great and could be worth decent dough, but being in the car industry myself I know how a bad title devalues a vehicle.

I am a firm believer that anyone can ask anything they want for their car. I don't disagree that this car looks great and is probably a really nice car. But if you think your going to take it to Barret Jackson with a salvaged title and get anything decent for it you are out of your mind. By law the auction would have to disclose that it has a salvage title. How many collectors are going to want to pay for a really nice car with a bad title. I think the car looks great and could be worth decent dough, but being in the car industry myself I know how a bad title devalues a vehicle.

Fully agree. What was the final e-bay price? Did it get anywhere $32k?

Beautiful car, wish I had one like it!

/very jealous

Ttt

You sure about that? Some people have no idea what their car is reasonably worth and therefore their thread goes to the 3rd page a day later and gets lost.

When someone posts a price that is probably 40% higher then what anyone would reasonably pay (even when its a sellers market) it's only in the thread starters best interest to give him a ball bark price as to what a basically stock/rebuild with mileage unlisted (meaning very high mileage) is reasonably worth.

If the car was an original 15K car then maybe his price would be closer. This car is one of the nicest cars to come up for sale in months http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/238600-86-stage-2-car-new-price.html

Do you still think someone would pay $32k for this car when that Stage II car is getting little interest at $22k. Doubtful.

There is truth in what you say....However, when I make such a judgement and feel the seller needs some input, I PM them. My advice has more gravitas that way and the threads stay less cluttered for that real buyer to navigate to the facts. :)

In your ebay ad it says it has 125,000 miles and a reconstructed title which is a salvage title. Wow..........

EXACTLY!! Problem is, that with THESE cars there are still WAY too many VERY low mile garage queens (mine included) out here that folks Will Never pay that kind of money for a HIGH MILE TR with RECONSTRUCTED Title, even if it IS a Frame Off resto....

Nice car though, thats for SURE!

IT HAS A SALVAGE TITLE !!! :eek: :eek:

Didnt know that... ouch. Yep, forget Barrett and forget $32K.

Hey, Beautiful Car.. I'm In The Process Of Restoring A Gn, I Know Up To This Point I Have $10,000.00 In Misc Items Let Alont The Hours Of Labor. Estimating Parts And Labor, My Estimate Is Over $18,000.00 Not To Mention The Car .soooo. I Do Understand Why The Price Is Substantial... Go Ahead And Do A Resto Like This, You Will Be Amazed... It Would Be Hard To Sell Such A Car.. Good Luck Selling The Car......my Advise......don't.........

So true. I have a buddy that did a full resto on his car and like this car, he has replaced damn near everything. 32k is not far fetched. Try doing one and replace everything to make it look better then the day you bought it. Alot people have there minds fixed on speed, figuring because its fast it has to be worth alot of money regardless if its in a clean car or not. I wish you all the best of luck with your sale. I am sure you have way more into it, don't let anyone discredit your efforts. Everyone is a expert when judging others. I think it s beautifull and needs to be put in a different level/class then the norm. If you want the best, it comes at a price. This is show room quality stuff not just a really clean car. my 2 cents.

What's the reason for a reconstruct title? I could only dream of having my car turn out half as good when its finished. Should give everyone an idea of what a quality job really is on our beloved turbo buicks. If I had a car that turned out as well as this one you'd have to pry the keys from my cold dead hands before it was taken from me! Not too many UNDERSIDES out there clean enough to eat off of.

Let's be real:

#1- SALVAGE Title
#2- 125,000 miles

Yes this is a great looking car, and a ton of money was spent fixing it up.....BUT when you sell a project car, you never get anywhere even close to the money you spent on it. It is worth Xdollars to the owner that invested the money.....but someone like me(and probably most) would rather buy a low mile, original GN. For $32,000(now $29,000) anyone can go out any buy an ultra-low mile original GN....that will grow in value more than any project GN. I bought an all original 11,000 mile GN three years ago for 23,000. I had to take a double-take when this person is asking 32,000 for a salvage titled, 125,000 mile car. My advice to the owner: keep it and enjoy the fruits of your labor. It is only worth a lot to you. The recent ebay auction shows the real market value of this car.

Enjoy what you got

If you look at ebay the only ones fetching 15+ are usually the unusual low mileage cars or complete stockers. My car was all stock except for the exhaust but it was beat into the ground. I did plan on doing a full restore until I found the block was cracked so I threw that out the window with a bunch of other original parts (anything from plug wires to water pump). I would definitely just keep the car and enjoy the fruits of your labor, along with the stares and questions about it from everyone else:cool: After all what good is having an awesome, rare car if you can't enjoy it:biggrin:

there is more to the car and the story then the eye or anyone would know. there is some history behind the car.

Who CARES!!!

PUT it in storage for a while with climate control etc. It will get there especially that it has been ground up restored. Who thought 10 yrs ago that Unique would be building 69 camaros and selling all they could build at 200,000 a pop. You dont hear those owners saying, but its not original. Or telling that the car had an accident before it was rebuilt. Put the car on Cars-on-line.com .The add will run until it sells and you can build a slide show for it. Lots of high dollar cars on there.

nicest gn on here hmmmm

This is low mile and high option :eek:

Good luck with your sale.

Attachments

• gnxpics 003.jpg
    gnxpics 003.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 533
  • gnxpics 006.jpg
    gnxpics 006.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 528
way2qwk----wow that is that car---- never thought I would see the day

Care to let the rest of us in on the story?

Sorry, I'm a new member to the site, so I've missed any stories that have gone on here in the past. Sounds like an interesting one, though.