The Kid

87 hardtop GN
87 Buick Grand National for sale SOLD SOLD SOLD
Current miles 72855

LEAN ON TITLE (USAA)
Location Northern DC metro area
Available to view by appointment

Price $14,500 Firm

Purchased car from a fellow board member 2ND owner July 2015. Flew into Tampa Florida area and drove her home 1000 miles with no hiccups. Unmolested car. Never smoked, in Adult owned . Last owner owned it 12 years and only drove it 12,000 miles in Florida and garage kept.
I upgraded the radiator with the Fbody radiator and Kirban dual intrepid fans along with plug and play harness. I removed the original motor in order to clean, paint, powder coat and detail but I never got around to it. I purchased a complete motor and accessories swap from a another board member (Peterkin) who already had a worked 4.1 to install in his car. The purchased motor was out of an 87 Turbo T with low miles he purchased from Anderson performance. The turbo T limited ran a 13.8 in full Factory spec with air intake breaking traction out the hole.
So this car will come with 2 whole engines. The original engine was open to inspect and was clean upon inspection. Al it needs is new cam gear and head gaskets to get it up and running again.
Transmission was replaced 20,000 miles ago and is very strong and healthy. Will break traction in second hard.
New parts are as follows
Tires have about 500 miles
Radiator hoses upper and lower
160 degree thermostat
aluminum thermostat housing
Dual Intrepid fans
Plug and play harness for fans from Kirban
Fbody radiator
Scan Master
Headliner
Battery
Volt Booster
Green Stripe injectors
I also resealed the heater core housing (the heater core was super clean upon removal so I reused it)
Hoses to the heater core.

INTERIOR
Interior is Original except for new headliner which was replace in 2015
DS seat has typical dime size hole from in and out wear
PS mint
Rear seats MInt
Carpet pretty clean for the miles it has
Power door locks works
Power trunk release works
Upgraded head unit to an Alpine with a remote and piper plug and play wiring harness from Crutchfield
I do have the concert sound head unit but was not operating properly, lights came on but no sound.
Upgraded 6x9 pioneer speakers in rear rear with proper crutchfield adapters
Fronts speakers worked great and are original.

BODY AND PAINT
Hood had a deep chip from a rock on the highway from second owner and he had it primed but not painted (see pictures) Was quoted 300-400 dollars by Anderson p
Performance but again never got around to it.
Driver side A pillar has a quarter sized bubbles of slight rust. ITS THE ONLY RUST ON THE CAR.
The under carriage is clean and solid
Has typical rear main seal leak
Brake booster is upgraded see pictures
Front brakes were completely replace with new rotors and brake pads
The paint over all still shines with just good clean and wax, could use a professional buffing and detail along with noted a pillar and hood repair and this car will really shine and I have all parts needed to take her back to factory specs.
Stock exhaust, Kirban straight pipe
DS door has a terrible touch up job from a scratch that happened with the second owner while in his garage.
Antenna does not work
Alarm does not work
Windshield washer does not work. Currently removed and placed in trunk.

I am selling with many new parts I purchased for it and all OEM parts that were pulled go with the car.
This a a great daily driver. The Second motor came with everything factory and I mean everything stock Turbo, stock intercooler. It was all pulled and dropped in.
So there is 2 whole motor swaps, I used some small sensors to help out with other board members cars to keep them running and get to meets lol.

If any members are interested just pick up the phone and give me a call. I believe the price and parts this is a great deal and the Lean on the tile you can walk into any USAA bank and settle up and title sent your way.
Send me a private message for responses
Thank you

SOLD SOLD SOLD

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/leo32475/embed/slideshow/87 Buick Grand National"></iframe>

Last edited:
Very interested in discussing this vehicle. I have family that reside in Manassas, VA.

Sold it to a gentleman in the Northern VA area, he is picking up the extra motor and parts this weekend.