87 GN First time owner in FL

FLv6Trubo

AKA NoTime
Hello Everyone,

I'm super excited to be here as a first time GN owner. The car I just obtained is a 1 owner 1987 GN with 30k original miles. I been after this car for the last 13 years. It was owned by a relative. I almost got it back in 2006 but my cuzzo wasn't ready to let it go. Well, I finally got it. The car ran 11.95 back in 2005 and hasn't been ran til now . I just ran a best of 12.27@107 at Orlando Speed World this past Friday. I'm super excited to get it back into the 11's.

John

Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Don't get after it too hard until you do a spring clean and check ALL vacuum and rubber pressure hoses for leaks, weaknesses.

Do you have a Scanmaster, boost gauge, stand alone AFR gauge? Very important tools at a minimum.

Better safe than sorry...... Baby steps will keep you from breaking her.

Go here to learn......

http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Don't get after it too hard until you do a spring clean and check ALL vacuum and rubber pressure hoses for leaks, weaknesses.

Do you have a Scanmaster, boost gauge, stand alone AFR gauge? Very important tools at a minimum.

Better safe than sorry...... Baby steps will keep you from breaking her.

Go here to learn......

http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html
I don't have a stand alone AFR Gauge but I do have a Scanmaster and boost gauge. Car has been gone through and have all parameters within range. All hoses inspected. Lots of new parts like Gas Tank, Springs, Rear Brakes and S10 Solenoids, Spark Plugs, Valve Cover Gaskets, New Diff Gasket and Fluid, New Motor oil and Filter. I tuned it with a TT 98 chip. Running 19psi with 0 knock.

Have a set of Valve Springs new ready to install, New Slotted Front Rotors, HPS Brake pads and Russell Steel Braided line kit.

converted_15.jpg

converted_10.jpg

converted_20.jpg

Thats a screen saver right there. I know we're all a lil biased in here but let me say anyways that's a beauty!

Nice ride man!!! Saw that you raced in Orlando. My dad goes to the Old Town car meet almost every Friday on his 86. You should swing by sometime

Welcome your going to find your self on this site often alot of info here and willing members to help with any problem you might have with your car..if it wasn't for this site i would have put my blg block olds 455 moter in my gn .

Welcome your going to find your self on this site often alot of info here and willing members to help with any problem you might have with your car..if it wasn't for this site i would have put my blg block olds 455 moter in my gn .
I'm glad to be here. Something different from my Chevy and Ford forums.

Nice ride man!!! Saw that you raced in Orlando. My dad goes to the Old Town car meet almost every Friday on his 86. You should swing by sometime
Will do, I just met a guy that goes there as well with an 87 GN. Hopefully I'll get to meet your Dad. Thanks

I'm already on it almost everyday. lol