87 GN 5.3 swap

Jemorgan

I picked up a very clean 87 GN and after a spun rod bearing and the second 200R4 I decided to go LS , I picked up a 90k 06 5.3 Truck motor , planning on head studs , ls9 head gaskets , ls6 cam and ls6 springs . CTSV oil pan . Then adding a 76 mm turbo and the fuel system to support E85 . The trans will be a 06 4L80e . I'm shooting for 600ish hp and keeping AC . This will mainly be a Sunday nice day cruiser . Going for the pro touring look so me and my son can enjoy . Can't wait to get this all going

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    954.1 KB · Views: 828
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    591.1 KB · Views: 800
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    916.4 KB · Views: 831
  • image.png
    image.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 954
Sounds like a sweet build. You will want better valve springs than the ls6 springs with boost.

Tick Performance sells the exact or close to the same spring set. I have this set in my heads and it is a very nice well put together kit. The shop that ported my heads installed these for me and they were very impressed with the quality.

Tick Performance sells the exact or close to the same spring set. I have this set in my heads and it is a very nice well put together kit. The shop that ported my heads installed these for me and they were very impressed with the quality.
I will check them out , thanks

Anyone suggest changing the rod bolts ? In doing ARP head studs but are the stock rod bolts good for 600ish whp or should I go ahead and replace since I'm pulling pan to install the CTSV pan ?

Stick with the stock rod bolts. From what I've read, the rods will bend before the bolts are an issue. Many, also suggest resizing the rods for arp bolts. So in my opinion, bolts are a waste on stock rods.

Stick with the stock rod bolts. From what I've read, the rods will bend before the bolts are an issue. Many, also suggest resizing the rods for arp bolts. So in my opinion, bolts are a waste on stock rods.
Ok ! Thanks for info on that

Should have parts coming in anyday . LS9 cam , LS9 head gaskets , ARP head studs , Pac Valve Springs and Hooker LS motor mounts

Starting tear down for Cam , springs head studs and head gaskets

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    820.4 KB · Views: 547
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    867.2 KB · Views: 580
Thanks ! Ya I want to get this done durning the winter so I can hopefully have it ready by spring

Sure , I'm going to get the heads off to paint block then I will get mounts on and take a pic