87 GN 5.3 swap

Did KB do the whole hot side? Both headers and crossover? Also are you near KB or was it designed without your car in their shop?
I only have the KB log , the drivers side manifold is the stock LS3 , I custom built the rest of the hotside ( just a crossover from driverside to log and downpipe ) my car is all built in my garage, probably why it's taking me so long to finish

Did you mount the waste gate to the crossover under the car? Do you have any pics of this? Did you need to trim the ear off of the bell housing to make more room for the downpipe? It appears you used the truck radiator hoses? Sorry for all the questions. I'm getting close and any info you can give me will help this go quicker ;)

I only have the KB log , the drivers side manifold is the stock LS3 , I custom built the rest of the hotside ( just a crossover from driverside to log and downpipe ) my car is all built in my garage, probably why it's taking me so long to finish
good work TAKES time............

Did you mount the waste gate to the crossover under the car? Do you have any pics of this? Did you need to trim the ear off of the bell housing to make more room for the downpipe? It appears you used the truck radiator hoses? Sorry for all the questions. I'm getting close and any info you can give me will help this go quicker ;)
. The wastegate is mounted right before turbo on a flange with v band built on it I bought on eBay , yes I used the truck radiator hose . No I will not need to trim bell
Housing , I will get pic of that later but here is a pic of the wastegate

Attachments

• IMG_3060.JPG
    IMG_3060.JPG
    990.1 KB · Views: 229
Finally finished crossover for hotside and downpipe , now just down to a few vaccumn lines and tune the car and it's ready to start

Attachments

• IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    953.6 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3155.JPG
    IMG_3155.JPG
    907.6 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_3157.JPG
    IMG_3157.JPG
    987 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_3158.JPG
    IMG_3158.JPG
    997 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_3159.JPG
    IMG_3159.JPG
    787.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_3160.JPG
    IMG_3160.JPG
    937.3 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3162.JPG
    IMG_3162.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
The cars coming very nicely! I'm just a little bit behind you. On the down pipe did you just buy a set of prebent pieces? Mild steel or stainless? I need to get some bends and wire my garage for 220!

The cars coming very nicely! I'm just a little bit behind you. On the down pipe did you just buy a set of prebent pieces? Mild steel or stainless? I need to get some bends and wire my garage for 220!
I bought a couple j / u bends 3" mild and made it fit , when we first started I did not think I would be able to get a 3" pipe down with the AC box still there but I was surprised is clearing nice

ive got a very similar build to what you have going on. I think im gonna get a couple 3.5" 90*(j bends) bends and 180*(U bends) bends in mild steel and mig the up!

ive got a very similar build to what you have going on. I think im gonna get a couple 3.5" 90*(j bends) bends and 180*(U bends) bends in mild steel and mig the up!
I did 3" thinking 3.5" would be just to big with keeping the AC box but I think you would be ok with 3.5" would work

Other then a couple dings in a few locations i think ill be fine. I googled those J bends you speak and that's a pretty nice way to go. Every where i looked i couldn't find 3.5" in mild steel so i called Columbia mandrel and there out of stock and currently bending 4" so it will be a "few weeks before we have them in stock".... Where did you order yours from? I can do stainless but i just bought my tig and don't want to practice on stainless yet...

Other then a couple dings in a few locations i think ill be fine. I googled those J bends you speak and that's a pretty nice way to go. Every where i looked i couldn't find 3.5" in mild steel so i called Columbia mandrel and there out of stock and currently bending 4" so it will be a "few weeks before we have them in stock".... Where did you order yours from? I can do stainless but i just bought my tig and don't want to practice on stainless yet...
I bought my 3" and 2.5" that I did the crossover pipe both off Amazon

Attachments

• IMG_3164.PNG
    IMG_3164.PNG
    624.6 KB · Views: 176
I looked up 3.5 on Amazon and they had stainless but no mild steel , I searched " 3.5" j bends"
and a bunch came up

I finally figured out how to change my tune in the Holley Dominator for E85 to get it started and running , it still needs some fine tuning before I can drive but I'm so close I can taste it !! It's been a long 2 years building this in my garage on my back