87 GN 5.3 swap

Got parts in today but I guess I will learn not to order the first thing Google pops up ! My head studs were for a V6 .... Crap , so they will go back

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    859.5 KB · Views: 273
Ok. I see. I just score a 6.0 short block for $500 out of 2004 Denali. My question for you is the adapter plates you use goes on the the stock v6 frame mount?

Ok. I see. I just score a 6.0 short block for $500 out of 2004 Denali. My question for you is the adapter plates you use goes on the the stock v6 frame mount?
No , per the Hooker instructions it says 78-87 g body v8 clamshell engine mounts

Awesome on the 6.0 short lock , this all is a first for me . I'm doing this all off reading other people's builds on this forum . I have read every one 3-4 times to try to learn everything I can

Getting the heads off , you can sure tell this one lacked oil changes but the all the walls still have cross hatching and look good just dirty

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    783.8 KB · Views: 337
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    844.4 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    845.2 KB · Views: 334
Curious to see what you do for the A/C. I have pretty much the identical set up you do. 6.0/4L80E/ holley/hooker engine and tranny mounts. Im running the CTSV pan as well. I have my engine and tranny in but my passenger side valve cover coil mount is digging into the A/C box... With the transmission in, my tranny is hitting the floor and the valve cover is barely off the AC box... I know with the truck accessories the truck AC compressor won't fit unless the engine xrossmember is cut. Im gonna try a different route but have to wait till Monday to talk with LSSIMPLE on a bracket set up.

Curious to see what you do for the A/C. I have pretty much the identical set up you do. 6.0/4L80E/ holley/hooker engine and tranny mounts. Im running the CTSV pan as well. I have my engine and tranny in but my passenger side valve cover coil mount is digging into the A/C box... With the transmission in, my tranny is hitting the floor and the valve cover is barely off the AC box... I know with the truck accessories the truck AC compressor won't fit unless the engine xrossmember is cut. Im gonna try a different route but have to wait till Monday to talk with LSSIMPLE on a bracket set up.
Damn ! I hope these mounts are not the problem . I have read some builds that you have to relocate the passenger side coil so it does not hit . My buddy owns a shop and is a unreal fabricator and will be helping me with fitment issues . I wonder why the trans is hitting the tunnel ? I have read many doing the 4L80E without problems and using these mounts . I hope you figure it out and please post if you do and if I find out sonething I will post as soon as I get there

AC is a must so if I have to go with vintage air to make it all work I will . I live in OK and summers here are miserable

Ill get something figured out. I have a feeling im going to sell my holley motor mounts and get a set of Spohn mounts as they clear the truck AC compressor and from what I understand the holley crossmember works fine with them. I quess well find out! I live in Texas so there's no way not having AC is an option...

Toyin,
I had the same issue with the coil mount. My solution was to just cut off that rear boss on the valve cover. Plenty of clearance now.