87 GN 40,000 miles for sale (hard top)

Randy Hagins

Aug 5, 2002
Jacksonville Florida
I’m listing this car for a friend of mine. He is second owner , bought the car in 1989. Practically all stock except for the dual exhaust, window tint, floor mats and Red Armstrong 93 chip. 160 thermostat and new housing. I did have to replace the fuel pump (Red Armstrong XP) sending unity and gas tank.
I went through the car and changed all fluids( transmission fluid and filter, fuel filter, air filter, power steering fluid and flushed the cooling system and filled with new coolant and distilled water). Oil and filter changed as well. Valvoline VR 1.
Interior is clean and really nice condition. No rips/ tears in the seats, dash or anywhere. No gauges ever added. No stains or cigarette smoke.
Wheels look good, some pitting but still nice condition. Tires would need changed ( car has been sitting for some time) but I can help with getting new ones on. I run BF Goodrich but left this open for the buyer to put on what they want.
AC needs charged and the power master does not work. I can change this out with no problem, I just haven’t had a chance with everything else I’ve been doing to the car.
It’s a Florida car, been here since ‘87. No rust or damage anywhere.
Feel free to PM me for more info or pictures. I might have missed a few things but happy to answer any questions. I’d buy this car but I’m already too far into restoring the one I own now
This GN has 40,801 miles.
Asking $25,000 or best reasonable offer. No trades.

Attachments

Last edited:

KC87

Feb 11, 2009
How many times has someone come up to you while getting gas and said they have always wanted one of these but can't find one for sale. Nice ones like this should be scooped up almost immediately.
I wonder how many 87s in decent mostly stock shape are still around after 32 years.

Randy Hagins

Aug 5, 2002
Jacksonville Florida
How many times has someone come up to you while getting gas and said they have always wanted one of these but can't find one for sale. Nice ones like this should be scooped up almost immediately.
I wonder how many 87s in decent mostly stock shape are still around after 32 years.

Rare find for sure. If I could I'd buy it and just clean it up (powder coat parts under the hood , etc) and just take it to shows. I would not add any thing else. Keep it stock. I really like this!! I'm happy to just help work on it for the next owner, its been fun.

Reactions: BuicksBad and KC87

grass doctor

Sep 21, 2018
saint augustine fl
randy is a great guy and been around these cars for a long time , I will vouch for anything he has or is doing , top notch !!
great find randy and will be a supper stock car for anyone looking for a great find privately , which is usually the best and coming from a 20 year veteran !!!

Reactions: Randy Hagins

Tmhyer

Aug 25, 2018
I’m listing this car for a friend of mine. He is second owner , bought the car in 1989. Practically all stock except for the dual exhaust, window tint, floor mats and Red Armstrong 93 chip. 160 thermostat and new housing. I did have to replace the fuel pump (Red Armstrong XP) sending unity and gas tank.
I went through the car and changed all fluids( transmission fluid and filter, fuel filter, air filter, power steering fluid and flushed the cooling system and filled with new coolant and distilled water). Oil and filter changed as well. Valvoline VR 1.
Interior is clean and really nice condition. No rips/ tears in the seats, dash or anywhere. No gauges ever added. No stains or cigarette smoke.
Wheels look good, some pitting but still nice condition. Tires would need changed ( car has been sitting for some time) but I can help with getting new ones on. I run BF Goodrich but left this open for the buyer to put on what they want.
AC needs charged and the power master does not work. I can change this out with no problem, I just haven’t had a chance with everything else I’ve been doing to the car.
Feel free to PM me for more info or pictures. I might have missed a few things but happy to answer any questions. I’d buy this car but I’m already too far into restoring the one I own now
Where in Florida is the car, and can you please attach a photograph of the RPO sticker? My brother may be interested.

Randy Hagins

Aug 5, 2002
Jacksonville Florida
Where in Florida is the car, and can you please attach a photograph of the RPO sticker? My brother may be interested.
Sorry, I should have listed Jacksonville FL and I had the RPO decal in the post but I was limited to so many pics on original post. That should have been on the post.
Contact me with any other questions, I’m in the process of trouble shooting the power master as well.

Attachments

chris romani

Jun 9, 2013
Rockland County N.Y
The getting gas conversation seems like almost a constant thing that’s very funny.

Randy Hagins

Aug 5, 2002
Jacksonville Florida
randy is a great guy and been around these cars for a long time , I will vouch for anything he has or is doing , top notch !!
great find randy and will be a supper stock car for anyone looking for a great find privately , which is usually the best and coming from a 20 year veteran !!!
Thank you! You have been a huge help with these cars as well! Now it’s cooling off finally let’s get some work done on yours!

Randy Hagins

Aug 5, 2002
Jacksonville Florida

*UPDATE*. Rebuilt power master was delivered today, I’ll have it installed tomorrow!!

RED LS1

Dec 31, 2001
Philly Pa
Low miles
Nice paint
hardtop
unmodified or molested
spotless interior
PW and PL

To me that's the perfect car in every way and hit's every point. For $25k I would think this car would go very quickly.

Randy Hagins

Aug 5, 2002
Jacksonville Florida
Low miles
Nice paint
hardtop
unmodified or molested
spotless interior
PW and PL

To me that's the perfect car in every way and hit's every point. For $25k I would think this car would go very quickly.
Super nice car, If I didn't have a GN project already 3/4 complete I'd get it. I've had a few messages and calls but no one to actually see it yet.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
May 26, 2001
NEED TO KNOW BASIS
s78.photobucket.com
Very nice.
I would definitely recommend pouring in a bottle of ZDDPlus additive on top of that recent VR-1 oil change.
And the only thing that jumps out at me, is it has the original ignition module and possibly the original coil pack.
Might want to check it out with a Casper's CCCI tester.

This would make a fantastic base car to have fun with or turn into a show car.
Good luck with the sale.

Randy Hagins

Aug 5, 2002
Jacksonville Florida
Very nice.
I would definitely recommend pouring in a bottle of ZDDPlus additive on top of that recent VR-1 oil change.
And the only thing that jumps out at me, is it has the original ignition module and possibly the original coil pack.
Might want to check it out with a Casper's CCCI tester.

This would make a fantastic base car to have fun with or turn into a show car.
Good luck with the sale.
ZDDP was added on oil change! Thanks for mentioning.
Still in the process of going through everything, hope it sells soon. It’s a nice ride!!

grass doctor

Sep 21, 2018
saint augustine fl
you really only need half a bottle of zddp with vr-1 and brad penn oil bc it has the zinc dialkyl dithiophosphate already in it , from what I've read , ill be up to test drive it for you randy :p