87 buick grand national 3.8 turbo motor and parts

Heineman21

I have a 87 3.8 turbo motor with trans, wiring harness, intercooler, radiator. Everything you need really. I pulled it out of a wrecked car that got hit hard high in the rear. The motor runs and sounds good and has 72,xxx miles. I got it to drop in a project but changed directions. My question is what is a fair price to ask for everything? I'm wanting to sell as a package. Thanks in advance.

Id put a price of 3000.00 on the engine and trans go from there. How did the tranny work? Depends on how bad you want to sell.

Well I figured this would be the best place to start. I appreciate the in put. Figured it would make a good swap for someone.

Idk about 3 grand with 72k miles on the trans an engine to many variables with how the engine was treated an trans will probably need rebuild soon anyway or freshened up at least... same with engine don’t know who took care of it.

I didn't drive it far cause of the damage but it seemed to shift fine. The car is very clean and I'm the 3rd owner. Seems to have some after market parts. Headers injectors and larger turbo.

If you are talking about everything you listed as a package deal then you may not be too far off of what it is worth at 3 grand but you may have to cut that some, especially if you have to ship it to sell it. Either way, the more details and the more history you can supply, the better. Plus, include your location. You will weed out some that don't want to deal with the distance and you may entice someone near to jump on it because they can't pass up the deal, even if at a little higher price than they wanted.

I'd rather not ship unless it was at buyers expense. I'm located in southern Illinois. Salem to be exact. I'll try to dig up some more info on the car. Did these cars come with a stock aluminum radiator?

I'd rather not ship unless it was at buyers expense. I'm located in southern Illinois. Salem to be exact. I'll try to dig up some more info on the car. Did these cars come with a stock aluminum radiator?
I'm in Illinois.
Have any interior parts?

Sorry for the delay. No visors or back seat. Steering wheel is good. Front seats and dash are good too.

Are the front end body parts available? Header panel, hood, pass fender, and pass door? lmk thanks

I'd be interested in the header panel + parts... possible could pick up depending on your location in Illinois .

Doors forward are good and straight. Passengers fender has some damage. Not sure on header panel. Once the rain dies down I'll get some pictures.