87 Astroroof GN for sale - Chicago Area

Hi there,

The time has come to sell my 87 GN. I've owned it since 2005 and it has been great, but hobbies change and our local McDonalds killed the cruise night in town so I really don't use it. I am very picky so consider the description that follows conservative...you won't be disappointed. I purchased from a very picky collector who built the car to be very quick, drivable and stock appearing. There are 12K in drivetrain receipts alone...never mind the car and the 8K paint job...Makes this car a steal at 17,500 OBO.

Motor: Weber studded main caps, Comp 206 cam, Champion Iron heads, TA 60, Stretch IC, 3" DP, Alky Control Injection, TT chip, made 422/566 at the wheel at 24/25lbs. As seen in photo this is very stock appearing and extremely clean under the hood.
Trans: Completely rebuilt by TSI here in Chicago...Don builds some of the fastest automatics in the country. Pats 3200 that Don loved when mated to this turbo.
Interior: Original carpet from a low mile original car, new covers, GNX gauges, Scanmaster and alky control system on dash...other wise very clean looking. Radio is so so...could use an upgrade to something Ipod friendly.
Body/Paint: As noted previous owner spent about 8K on the paint job. Original Southern car (TN and NC) before the original owner brought it to MD. Car is arrow straight, no excuses. I would rate the paint an 8.5...most would go higher but the Cuda in my sig is getting the 9.5/10 treatment and i know what that costs/looks like. This car will wow everyone at a local show or cruise night.

Misc: Has HR rear sway bars, air bags and rebuilt diff. Rear wheels are widened originals to fit Nitto 275 DR's. (which are a must). I have an NOS GN hood pad that I haven't put on yet that will go with the car for the right deal.

If you need any additional data feel free to reach out to mtbiker29@gmail.com I probably won't check PM's here much.

Thanks for the ad TB....and for seriously being one of the best car sites on the web. You guys don't snipe and fight like most other BS car sites do.

EW
GN1.JPGGN Interior.JPGGN Motor.JPGGN2.jpg

Hi all,

Thanks for the inquires....I posted some more pics in the following link. If you want something specific let me know. To answer a few questions that have been asked....power antenna works perfect, there is no headliner sag whatsoever and the car is in perfect tune. I posted some pics of the scanmaster while the car was running to prove it.

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/sg333e/library/87 GN for sale?sort=4&page=1

Thanks again.

EW

I know Eric personally and his stuff is always nice. This car is no exception. Very nice GN. As he states you won't be disappointed.

Anything that needs to be addressed , like the front and rear main seals?, the car looks great, the engine bay looks like you can eat off it.
Looking at your combo, are you on a mild tune/boost?

As I would think that combo would be good for 10's in the 1/4, I'm only asking this because I'm looking for a turn key Gn, that looks as nice as yours that will go high 10's or very low 11'swhile still having A/C as I intend to drive the car, maybe track it a few times, but wanna know if the time comes I need the power its there.

The car won't be a DD, but will be driven when nice out.

Awesome looking car , and I'm about 25 minutes from you

Thanks 99...motor has less than 3k miles, probably less than 2500 so no on the seals. And yes you can eat off the motor if you choose :)

If you mean could i have made bigger dyno numbers by leaning it out some and/or adding timing and boost absolutely. But I wanted to know how much power I could make safely. I'm pretty sure low 11's are doable with those numbers and a bit more injector or turbo and this car could see 10's, again safely. Probably could do it as is but would be pushing the envelope IMHO

This car is really nice, clean and fast and Eric is very knowledgeable GNs. We went for a short ride and I was very impressed with how tight the car feels and how nicely it shifted. The paint job is as good as described and it the widened rear wheels look bad ass in person. It is definitely a clean worth the drive if you're considering it.

Thanks for the shout out. For those who have asked I've added some pictures of the underside to the album. Link is above in the ad...anything else comes up let me know. In crawling under the car for pics I was reminded it has an exhaust cut out (which i've never used and must be hellacious) and a driveshaft loop.

Hi all,

Thanks for the inquires....I posted some more pics in the following link. If you want something specific let me know. To answer a few questions that have been asked....power antenna works perfect, there is no headliner sag whatsoever and the car is in perfect tune. I posted some pics of the scanmaster while the car was running to prove it.

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/sg333e/library/87 GN for sale?sort=4&page=1

Thanks again.

EW

Gorgeous car. If I had the money I'd be out there this weekend. Silly question though: Are the pics from under the rear of the car older? Doesn't look like an HR rear bar on there. Looks stock

Car is sold and delivered today. Thanks for all the interest and I hope the new owner frequents this site. Great place to learn about these cars, and a great community in general.

Thanks Eric, got home bout 5 pm. Took car for a short drive, too tired to do much else. Very happy with it.