86 VS 87 Ride Height

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
IS it me or does the 87 cars sit higher than the 86 ? I have an 87 GN and just bought an 86 T Type and they both look different . Is it me or is their a difference ? Thanks Keith

They are... My 86 sits lower than the 87's I have compared it to. Same with my buddys 86.

You're not crazy. I started noticing this phenomenon back in the late 90's. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the spring rates were softer on the "86's, vs "87's. Could have even been different suppliers between the years. Who knows.

My "86 T-Type had sagging front springs at about year 2 of ownership. (circa 1996 at the 10 year old mark) So much so that I used some bolt on coil spring boosters, in order to get the ride height normal vs low rider'ish. Both of my "87 T's had stock front springs, including my current "87 GN. No issues with height. Even though I like the front to have a little more than how it sits now, but I digress. For a perfect example, check out turbo6mike's GN. Love that look.

Also, I know when you install factory Moog front replacement springs, it really raises the nose.

-Patrick-

Quick little blurb from Kirbans site about running his gnx wheels with 245's up front.
Screenshot_20181128-201323.png