86 Gn What is it worth?

2toneregal

I have been looking for a 86/87 Gn or T for a min. I found a 86 GN with astroroof near me and it has a rebuilt motor and trans and he shows proof with receipts. The car is in need of paint job, has a few rust holes, astroroof doesnt seem to work, windows and locks work but windows go up slow, need all seat redone, floorpans seemed in good shape light surface rust, needs carpets, underneath car shows light rust in some areas, all lights work except left turn signal and brake lights but when the lights are on all lights work, Needs new deck lid, ac blows cold but only blows out the top of the dash, Dash works except the rpm light glows all the way across, The car rides good and shifts good and the supension seems pretty good, Doesnt have original wheels, need new bumper fillers, and the rear bumper is pushed in a little on the passnger side so it can be pulled out.. here are some pics... Please tell me what you think its worth...

2u97k7t.jpg

b6zh1v.jpg

2nrd2jo.jpg

j94uhk.jpg

126fy9d.jpg

16girmh.jpg

30vi3gw.jpg

168956b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20110403_174804.jpg
    IMG_20110403_174804.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 199
Probably needs about $3000 worth of interior work! Probably a $5000 paint job ! Guessing $400 bumper fillers.

That hole in the trunk looks to me like only the begining to me, that wheel well looks pretty weak.

How do the doors look?

Astroroof seal at least $200
door weatherstrips and window sweeps probably another $300

correct wheels and tires easily a $1000 for good ones

better off buying a better car and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Where are you located? What are they asking for this gem?

Probably needs about $3000 worth of interior work! Probably a $5000 paint job ! Guessing $400 bumper fillers.

That hole in the trunk looks to me like only the begining to me, that wheel well looks pretty weak.

How do the doors look?

Astroroof seal at least $200
door weatherstrips and window sweeps probably another $300

correct wheels and tires easily a $1000 for good ones

better off buying a better car and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Where are you located? What are they asking for this gem?

The rust on the wheel wells in the picture is from the deck lid

the doors open and close good but has rust on the bottom as usual and it needs upper door panels

And your right about all the other stuff it will be a pain in the butt

Im located in Gulfport,ms the car is in New Orleans and they are asking 5k but i talked the man down to 3,500

looks like a $100 POS to me. save ur money and look elsewhere. by the time u paint it, fix all the rust and body work, find all the fillers, moldings etc. and complete the interior u could have bought a turn-key 10 second beauty for less. if u pay $3500 for that pile of chit u would need to have ur head examined.

Ok guys i will take it from people who know TRs thanks alot and thanks for saving me from making a mistake.... The guy says he will post it on ebay next week....

Its close and conveinent but that does not make it a good idea !!! I have had a lot of these cars and im a fairly good judge of them and i wouldnt pay more than $2000 for it !!! You would be too upside down in this car to ever get your $$$ back!!! Maybe if you were a bodyman and had a garage full of parts then maybe it would be a ok idea at $2000 but otherwise forget it !!! Who knows what other things might pop up once you get it home and torn apart!

Run Run Run !!!!!

Im in school right now for auto collission repair i know somewhat about body repair but i wouldnts say im a bodyman.. Im very good in painting but not to go in bodywork...

Parts car:( Unless your very ambitious or have a parts car with a decent interior available, $2-3k, who rebuilt the engine and trans?

I've seen much better cars on here that were parted out and could have been saved, wonder how bad the frame and underneath items could be:rolleyes:

it probably got flooded in Hurricane Katrina also!! i have a car that i thought was rough but D@mn, that is a POS!!!!!

Take it from guy's who know. It's better to just save up your money and buy a better car to start with. It's more expensive to restore a car part by part then just buying one complete.

Parts car... ...sorry. Think of it as a business deal and don't let emotion get in the way.

Good luck

Take your time finding the right car. I know you want it now...I felt the same way. I looked at a lot of cars, and it took me over a year to find the one that was in my price range, in the condition that I wanted, with the options that I wanted. These cars are for sale all the time. You will find the "one".

That said, you don't want a big project. These cars will eat your income pretty quickly.

There is one like that near me sitting outside behind a body shop. The guy thinks it's made of gold...he wants $14K, but for me he'd sell it for $12.5K. He kept telling me how fast it was, lol. I guess as the metal is eaten away they become lighter and faster :)

Don't buy it. It's a headache. Parts are expensive. The economy is crap right now and there are allot of good deals to be had on TRs. You just need to be patient and don't buy on impulse.

Out of curiosity, what did he say he'd sell it for?

It sure would be nice to see one saved though.

I agree. But it would have to be done by somebody with deep pockets who doesn't mind being upside down in this current market, or by a very dedicated TB guy with a lot of parts and time on his hands. Eventually these cars will start getting restored more often as they get older and the values pick back up.