86 GN - guaging value but will be for sale

Kbrookes

Going to be brutaly honest here:

1986 buick GN. t-tops. black obviously. about 120k on the frame, 6k on the engine, 35k on the trans. Just took it out of storage and to my house a few months ago.

shortblock- girdled 109 (stock) block, cryo'd rotating assembly, stock crank + rods (polished beams), trw pistons. main studs, head studs all ARP bolts. erson turbo grind flat tappet (from street performance)

top end- ATR ported stock heads w/ bigger valves, ported intake, hemco upper, 65mm accufab TB

induction- 69-1 4 bolt with .81 AR freshly (a few years ago but car has been in storage) rebuilt by PTE, CAS V-2 Front mount (gloss black blends with the grill), 14" K&N

fuel- ATR dual in tank pumps, 72# injectors, kenne belle adjustable regulator, -8 line to the rail, stock feed as return

spark- ESP HO coil, taylor wires, stock ignition module

engine management - accel batch fire DFI

exhaust- hooker headers with dual deltagates on the crossover, 3" SS ATR DP, 3" SS ATR catback, dual 3" exit.

trans- pretty built, used one of the popular rebuild kits at the time (with the "red" clutches, hardened input, etc) and a "6" stall PI Vigilante single disc, stalls about 3200-3500.

suspension- koni spa-1 adjustable shocks (currently 70/30 in the front 50/50 in the rear), ATR rate wound springs, air bags in rear springs, SSM lift bars (-4 pinion angle) stock wheels, 275 NT555R in the back, 225's on the front.

Well, that was the good stuff.. now for the bad...

exterior- rust developing at the door corners, passenger door got a key mark in it, 1-2" went through the paint, the t-tops drip during a powerwash or a hard rain, minor rust above driver side tailpipe, weather stripping is pretty bad, some swirl in the paint could probably be cut out.

interior- drivers seat fabric has a tear, headliner was "removed", steering wheel center broke. speakers sound like crap (had the concert II option but speakers are blown bad) gear lockout hasn't worked since an attempted theft, but otherwise shifter is fine. dash tach and boost LED's both read too high. has boost, water temp, oil pressure, and fuel pressure autometer guages.

mechanical- (current)- something goofy with the lockup on the convertor, I think it's in the DFI. 2-3 shift felt like it was getting softer before I stored the car. Either the ignition module or the coilpack is giving out on me (water somehow got between them). the alternator is a 108A, stock is a 125A, I'll probably get a 125A for it, and it needs a new battery. new brake line was just run, but needs to be bled now. DFI never really had a good tune on it, it runs hella rich.

performance- Had it dyno'd one time with basicly nothing but a start up program in it (no wide band was available to us at that time, was back in 99 and those were kinda new and expensive), and blowing black smoke through the tails (yes that rich) on 93 and 15 psi it gave 320rwhp. It looked like a diesel. Well, gave it 2 degrees timing and took a little fuel out, and it cleared up some but there was still black smoke from being rich and it gave us 392rwhp (72rwhp gain with VERY minor changes). 3rd pull was aborted when a wastegate hose came loose and boost spiked for a second. I KNOW there's a lot left in the tune, and even more on high octane and more boost.

other- A/C delete, and also kinda a heater delete. I had everything out of the engine bay for painting and never hooked the heater stuff back up, but I still have almost all the parts for it minus some hoses.

Anyways, I'm looking to sell the car, I need money to put to a downpayment on a house for me and the wife. I know there are some issues with it, but I'm not looking for low milage GN money or anything like that. Would this be worth 8-9k? The title is clean btw.

I'll try to take some pics and get them up tomorrow.

I was in line with you on the price until ,the words
"Well, that was the good stuff.. now for the bad..." and that put it at $7500 but thats just me ,and I would really have to like it to pay that ,I mean really like it...maybe $7000

Where are you located? Might help buyers.

I'm in the chicago area. and yeah, I don't want to try to hide anything to squeeze another grand out of someone. These cars are tempermental enough without dealing with unknown problems.

I was thinking about getting the spark thing straight, and getting a good tune on it, and making sure the charging system was a 125A alternator and new battery. I don't know how much it would incease value, but I'm sure it would increase the interest pool.