86 GN Grill

ar15meister

I have a 1986 Grand National.

Someone told me it came with a chrome grill. Mine is black.

The car is low (ish mileage) 33k and doesn't seem to have had much done to it at all.

Does anyone know what grille came on the 1986?

Does the build date affect it?

IMG_20130426_180901_155.jpg
On 86's the grill is black except for the horizontal bar across the top with the word Buick on it, that part is chrome. Also one narrow strip down the center is chrome.

Looks correct to me. The 87 grill has no chrome at all

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

^^^ X2 with the addition of a vertical chrome strip on each side. Note all vertical bars are closer together than '87 as well. No build date required. I believe the '84 &'85 GN's are the same.

IMG_3717.PNG

^^^ X2 with the addition of a vertical chrome strip on each side. Note all vertical bars are closer together than '87 as well. No build date required. I believe the '84 &'85 GN's are the same.

View attachment 302573

Hey 1986 BuickGX1, that license plate on the pic you posted,is that from Sexton Buick in Harriman,TN. Back to the thread,if the OP says in all black an his paper work says it is an 1987,something is definitely not kosher???.

Hey 1986 BuickGX1, that license plate on the pic you posted,is that from Sexton Buick in Harriman,TN. Back to the thread,if the OP says in all black an his paper work says it is an 1987,something is definitely not kosher???.
Check that... if his paper work says it is an 1986, something definitely not kosher

Maybe the original owner liked the '87 grill better. I know that's why I changed mine.

I liked the all black grille of the '87 too, but the dealer price of $107 was too steep at the time (should have bought a hundred). Lol
I couldn't bring myself to paint mine so I put electrical tape on it as you can still see the Buick imprint across the top under the tape. Next time I redo it I'll a use vinyl decal so there is no line.

IMG_2282.JPG

It could very well be, it came up on a google search for 1986 Buick GN grille and was the best up close straight on photo.

Cool I,m pretty sure that is old Sexton Buick Plate, there still in business to. I bought my Buick at Twin City Buick which only 35 miles away
from Sexton. Thanks...