86 GN, 86K orginal miles - Stock

jspeed86

1986 Grand National:

Has 86K orginal miles, documented, and has a clean CarFax. I even have the orginal Window sticker. Car has not been modified except for new Hooker exhaust, A-pillar boost guage, adjustable waste gate, and K&N conical filter setup. Car is very strong and drives very nice. Very reliable and orginal.

Options:
T-tops
Digital Dash
Power Ant (still works, as well as the radio and tape player.)
Pwr Everything
Weird thing, car does not have Posi rear-end, was an option in 86, go figure.

The good and bad:
Car is leaking oil around the oil pan gasket, maybe rear-main, but I am having this fixed in the next 2 weeks. Not a big deal, the car just likes to mark its territory. Also, the car does not use oil, except for this slow drip when sitting. Again, this will be fixed, nothing wrong with the engine at all, no smoking, etc.... I have already replaced the valve cover gaskets.

No rust on the car or undercarriage, it has the undercoating,, but, the drivers door does have rust but I have a GN door to replace it (door is nice with glass in it as well, just mount and paint). - I have numerous pics -

The interior is near perfect, the best feature of the car. Very clean and well kept, only bad spots is cracking steering wheel (sun and age) and 1 hole in the drivers seat abut the size of an erasor head. Car is a non-smoker, and the hole was created from the inner spring pushing up in the top corner. I have pics.

Everthing works except window washer pump and cruise control is sporadic. I had a new heater core put in and AC works good, had it converted last year.

The body is very nice and straight. Paint is good on the sides and back, but the hood and roof is fading and begining to spider web, because of age and sun. It will need a paint job and then it will be Show Ready. The 3.8 emblems on the hood are missing the 3.8, but I have 2 new ones OEM in the box. T-tops don't leak under rain, but the windows will leak under car wash pressure. The car has brand new Tires and shocks, only 1K miles on them.

I have really enjoyed this car, but I am thinking I want something new, so I am seeing what kind of response I get. Again, this car has been really taken care of over the years. You have to see to appreciate. Orginal owner was a female, so the car has not been ragged out from racing all of the time. I did take it to the track last year, and ran a 8.85 in the 1/8 mile. I have put 4K miles since I have owned the car. I know I am missing stuff, so please ask by posting questions. If you are interested, plz post your email address and I will send pics and the VIN number of the car. I will take $9900.00 for the car.

I am located in Western Kentucky.

Here is a vid of my trip to the track last year.
http://media.putfile.com/1986-Grand-National-vs-Camaro---jspeed86

buicks2.jpg

Oh, the 86' T-type is not for sale. :D

More Pics

For some reason, I couldn't add them in the orginal post. Here they are. If you want more pics, I have them.

engine5.jpg

Int1.jpg

In the last pic, if you look acroos, you can see the bottom of the drivers door. That is the only place on the entire car, including underneath, everything else is solid. That is why I bought another door to replace it. The other door came off an 87 GN, and still has the glass in it. Just paint and mount.

do you want to trade?

I will trade you for my 1973 ram-air firebired (not all original) and 4k cash for your car. Car is very rare. Unfortunately the guy I bought it from did not leave it original. I have had the car for 7years now. Motor and tranny all rebuilt from Performance Auto in Bethalto IL. If interested call me 618-781-1951 I can give lots more info. Thanks, Brian

brianmcc23,
Thanks for the offer, but not interested in a 73' Firebird trade. I have received quite a few trade offers, so I guess I should list what I would think about trading for. If you want, go ahead and send a pic of your car along with some info, and I will let others know it is up for sale. Thanks..

My email address: j_seven1@hotmail.com

WHAT I WILL TRADE FOR:

1996 - 2000 Camaro's or Firebirds = average mileage car that has been well tacken care of. V8s only!

1989 TTA - ;)

1992 - 1993 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo - must be in excellent condition

Or anything considered rare that can be driven daily if need be.

Thanks

Thanks for the look. i will get the car out within the next couple of weeks and post it on here to trade. I just havent had time. I am getting ready for dirt track racing that starts this weekend and trying to get my 84 up and running. If you have a change of heart let me know I will get it out and post some quick pics. Thanks again. Brian McCormick

CarFax

Here is a link to the CarFax of this car.

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?report=CFX000011542067

Dan ran a carfax on the car and found some information I didn't realize was there. I bought the car last year, and my intial CarFax before I bought the car was clean, or so I thought. Well it shows that the car was in a accident in 2003, which I didn't know about. Just wanted to make sure nobody thought I was trying to fool people. The car shows no signs of this, especially on the Frame. The car still certifies for the CarFax buyback though and mileage is true.

In light of this, I will reduce the price to $9400.00.

What about the grey on grey hardtop 86 t-type in the back ground of the first picture?
A buddy of mine had a faded grey on grey 86 t-top t-type and sold it, he is itching for another.
How much and whats done to it :biggrin:

BW

The T-type is not for sale, unless your buddy wants to make an insane offer. Car has 77K orginal miles, never wrecked, never repainted, immaculant interior, nothing wrong can be found with this car. It has been in the family since 1988. It has a PT3255e turbo, THDP, and everything else that would go with that setup. Car is fully loaded, moonroof, engine block warmer, digital climate control, and has a 60/40 bench seat. Like I said, car is not for sale, but if he wants to make a crazy offer, then let me know. I could fix him with a nice 86' GN though. :) :cool: :)

buicks3.jpg

86ttype.jpg

Please install the correct headlight turn signal bezel on the drivers side, the correct one is like the chrome one on the outer lip just like your passenger side.
You want the second tip :)
Nice car, he is looking for a 5K car with no rust, i will find one for him.

BW

jspeed86 said:
The T-type is not for sale, unless your buddy wants to make an insane offer. Car has 77K orginal miles, never wrecked, never repainted, immaculant interior, nothing wrong can be found with this car. It has been in the family since 1988. It has a PT3255e turbo, THDP, and everything else that would go with that setup. Car is fully loaded, moonroof, engine block warmer, digital climate control, and has a 60/40 bench seat. Like I said, car is not for sale, but if he wants to make a crazy offer, then let me know. I could fix him with a nice 86' GN though. :) :cool: :)

buicks3.jpg

86ttype.jpg

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Please install the correct headlight turn signal bezel on the drivers side, the correct one is like the chrome one on the outer lip just like your passenger side.
You want the second tip :)
Nice car, he is looking for a 5K car with no rust, i will find one for him.

BW

Well Quick6, quite the hawk aren't we. Yes the bezel is black on the drivers side, because the other became cracked after being hit by a rock or something. That happened way back in the early 90s, and for some reason we couldn't find a chrome one (don't even remember now), so we installed the black one. Not many catch it, but you did, so you get a gold star :rolleyes: . But everything else applies. This car is super rare and very clean! As far as the 2nd tip, sure, go ahead, I didn't even ask for the first one. :rolleyes:

I have PMd everybody else concerning trades.

LOL anyone know how I can get a loan on something like this? (first timer at 22, I've had my 88 2.3 mustang for 5 years, lol love her though)