86/87 upper rad hose reroute ?

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I have been bitten this morning with the upper radiator hose being cut by the belt tensioner pulley. I am running a large intake air pipe and filter and never had this issue.
How have others worked around this? I have seen pics of a rerouted metal pipe, for the radiator hose, being used?
This is a 4" intake hose set up.
20220929_115017.jpg
20220929_113818.jpg

I have a similar set up. I went with a small section of straight hose to the intake and a preformed 90* to the radiator then two sections of 45* aluminum pipe welded together then powder coated it.

Attachments

• F53902A2-7D63-4DB3-894E-25017975F469.jpeg
    F53902A2-7D63-4DB3-894E-25017975F469.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 85
I have been bitten this morning with the upper radiator hose being cut by the belt tensioner pulley. I am running a large intake air pipe and filter and never had this issue.
How have others worked around this? I have seen pics of a rerouted metal pipe, for the radiator hose, being used?
This is a 4" intake hose set up.View attachment 388848View attachment 388847
Do you still have the clamp that goes around the hose and attaches to the tensioner stud?

Pause at 17 seconds...and you'll see the one I had on my car. I can't remember the vendor I purchased it from.

Thats what I want to put in. I am confused by both pipes they offer. The slic pipe appears it would fit better than the front mount which I have? I need to call them

The offset pipe(45 deg to clear up pipe) is for a FMIC. The other one(90 deg bends) is for a SLIC. Thanks 1KWIKSIX for posting the link. I was on fullthrottles site looking at the 90deg bend pipe, and was trying to figure out how in the heck it was going to clear the up pipe. The one from GN1 with the 45deg bend is perfect, so I ordered one! :D

Thats what I want to put in. I am confused by both pipes they offer. The slic pipe appears it would fit better than the front mount which I have? I need to call them
If you have a front mount then I’d suggest you go with their version that’s designed for front mounts

I have the clamp/bracket that supports this hose. If interested I can ship out quickly and it is new. Same part available at GBODY or on EBAY and save you a few bucks.

I have the factory clamp on the car.
Thanks for the offer

I just bought the one from Gbody because my factory one was looking bad.The one from Gbody looks nice but the stock one is a Heavier Gauge Metal and Stiffer.

The offset pipe fit well, but is tight. You might have to use a small pick or screwdriver to help guide the hose end over the radiator outlet. Maybe there's a little more room if you have a stock radiator...I'm running an aluminum b-cool unit.
20221010_182118.jpg

Spray a little silicon spray on the end of the pipe ends before you slide on the little blue rubber ends. I think I got the other hose, it routed a little different, I'm glad you found it. If you don't have this one, you can get it from gn1performance.com
20220902_192359.jpg20220902_192414.jpg

I ended up cutting about 1” off this pipe for the SLIC (closest to the radiator) and having it re-flared in order to be able to connect to the rad easier