86-87 Accessory Bracket Wanted

Well tomorrow will be the first time I am able to do full 1/4 mile runs since adding my new instrumentaiton. But I am ready with a good 0-70 tune and so will save time tomorrow. I have only gone up to 20.5 psi boost so I intend to push that to 22-23 tomorrow. I will keep track of weather conditions and include that in my log. I don't get to the track often so easiest is to limit boost a bit to protect the engine. I understand heat soak in intercooler can be an issue too so a bit of time between runs helps there. My only real goal is to achieve 11's. Even 11.99 is okay. My previous experience is with my 66 GS which I finally got into the 13's at 100. This car is so much faster and so much more interesting.

Heat soak. I had to go to a front mount for bracket racing. The car would slow down like a whore from the SLIC I had in it from heat soak. Trying to guess how much it would slow down was a nitemare...so I had to go to a front mount to keep it on a dial. Temp/humidity for bracket racing is another nitemare for these engines for keeping them on a dial stand point.

Heat soak. I had to go to a front mount for bracket racing. The car would slow down like a whore from the SLIC I had in it from heat soak. Trying to guess how much it would slow down was a nitemare...so I had to go to a front mount to keep it on a dial. Temp/humidity for bracket racing is another nitemare for these engines for keeping them on a dial stand point.
Keeping it on dial is a whole nother thing. Luckily, being not so competitive, I just compete with myself to see how I can get the most out of my beautiful GN without hurting it. Like I said, I have never had a car that could run in the 11's. At my age, starting in the 60's in LS/A and trying to get into the 17's, all the way through my 66 getting into the 13's, 11's will be as far as this one will ever go, if it gets there!

At L.V.D. your 60 ft. will be harder to control than your fueling. ;) :p
No argument there. I always had worse 60 ft. times at LVD than at Englishtown with my 66 GS. My best 60 ft. time at lvd with my GN is a terrible 1.91. At least some of that is due to me but the track is indeed challenging at the launch.

No argument there. I always had worse 60 ft. times at LVD than at Englishtown with my 66 GS. My best 60 ft. time at lvd with my GN is a terrible 1.91. At least some of that is due to me but the track is indeed challenging at the launch.
Guaranteed my home track was worse on a TT nite. I ran 9 inch slicks and shitass 90/10's up front and single adjustable QA1's on the rear with an ATR rear bar. The rear adjustables were great as I could loosen/tighten them in a couple of seconds for how bad the track was. With the torque these little engines make, if the track prep is anything less than stellar, then you can be in for a long nite.

Guaranteed my home track was worse on a TT nite. I ran 9 inch slicks and shitass 90/10's up front and single adjustable QA1's on the rear with an ATR rear bar. The rear adjustables were great as I could loosen/tighten them in a couple of seconds for how bad the track was. With the torque these little engines make, if the track prep is anything less than stellar, then you can be in for a long nite.
Which is your home track?

I'm up here in Canada in Ontario. It was a nice track when it opened, but the original owner sold it to a guy from Quebec who did zero upgrades and milked every dime out of it. It was bought by 2 gentlemen last year who are infusing it with cash and are trying to bring in back to where it should be. You can see it in a couple of vids on my channel of me running my GN.

I'm up here in Canada in Ontario. It was a nice track when it opened, but the original owner sold it to a guy from Quebec who did zero upgrades and milked every dime out of it. It was bought by 2 gentlemen last year who are infusing it with cash and are trying to bring in back to where it should be. You can see it in a couple of vids on my channel of me running my GN.

We used to have Raceway Park in Englishtown N.J. and Westhampton Dragrway on Long Island in N.Y. when I was a kid in the 60's. Westhampton closed about 10 years ago or so and Raceway Park a bout two years ago. Both due to noise complaints. (By people who built AFTER the track was there.)Only Lebanon valley left near me and it's two hours away. I see your track is converted to 1/8 mile? How does that grab you?

I ran Sportsman Class which is 1/8th mile. Just my 2 cents, but 1\8th mile makes you a better racer. You have to be lightning fast on the lights and you have to learn how to tune for low gear/learn to spool quick/learn to 60 foot. There's no room for error in 1/8th mile. Watch one of my track vids. You'll see me stage last...spool for a second or two and leave on the yellow and you'll hear the car hit full boost almost instantly.

I ran Sportsman Class which is 1/8th mile. Just my 2 cents, but 1\8th mile makes you a better racer. You have to be lightning fast on the lights and you have to learn how to tune for low gear/learn to spool quick/learn to 60 foot. There's no room for error in 1/8th mile. Watch one of my track vids. You'll see me stage last...spool for a second or two and leave on the yellow and you'll hear the car hit full boost almost instantly.
I would have liked 1/8 mile when I had my 66 GS with the 401 nailhead. Enormous torque. I was always ahead of the GTO's and 442's at the 1/8 but even with dual quads and ported heads it ran out of breath at the long end. GN is another story. Seems like I can run most cars down head to head (except other GN"s) even if I miss the launch. so your're right. I can see why 1/8 is more demanding in most cars.

I would have liked 1/8 mile when I had my 66 GS with the 401 nailhead. Enormous torque. I was always ahead of the GTO's and 442's at the 1/8 but even with dual quads and ported heads it ran out of breath at the long end. GN is another story. Seems like I can run most cars down head to head (except other GN"s) even if I miss the launch. so your're right. I can see why 1/8 is more demanding in most cars.
I found most of the NA cars would run outta gear and you could 'walk' around them before the top of the track with the TR's. GM engineers were correct with the 3.42 gears.

Exactly,its a true drivers game ;)

Tom Kelly - we will be rooting for you to get an 11 second time slip tomorrow! :)

lvd on its best day it 1200ft above sea level,plus there is usually a headwind,track is not prepped except on certain days;)nevertheless i have been very fast there and so have others.the other sea level tracks are worth 2 tenths on an average.

Saturday I will spend the day at Lebanon Valley Dragway finishing up my tune. The temperature will average low 80's if the weather gods are accurate and benevolent.
should be in the 70s on saturday with less humidity,add 5/6% load value for the racetrack/glue.you dont want to go lean past the 1/8 mile.your 0 to 70mph cant simulate 1000/1320ft,better rich than sorry.you could run the 1/8mile pull the plugs and go from there.

I've never been down the track at LVD but have been there. I've heard from several guys that go to NED that they get better ETs at LVD but the shut down area is short.