85 Regal

whtturbot

I am not new to the regal community. years back I had a 87 white turbo T. I really enjoed that car, but as always once you get to a point with that turbo motor they become very finicky. Well I wound up selling the car(wish I still had it) to get a 06 Z06. I never lost my love for the regal body style. I honestly believe it is the 55-57 chevy of my generation. I was lucky enough to pick up a clean 85 Regal last year. I already had the motor for the car. It is a LQ4 out of a 04 Silverado. A lot of work went into getting things the way I wanted them in the engine compartment, but the end product is one i am proud of. Looking forward to enjoying the car this summer.

Attachments

• 20190603_094826.jpg
    20190603_094826.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_00951(1).jpg
    IMG_00951(1).jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20181029_171510(1).jpg
    20181029_171510(1).jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
Nice 85, I've never lost my love for G body's, 1st car was an 81 Monte Carlo, but my best memories were in an 83 Regal Limited that my father converted, seized up the 3.8, then pops pieced together, and made a "hot air" 4.1, took intake, exhaust, turbo etc off of my sisters totaled sport coupe, bought a 4.1 out of a Riviera, swapped everything and put it into my Regal, then my fun began, until a late night of drinking and found out trees really don't move when you hit them, lol
Beautiful project, enjoy the hell out of it with the LQ4 swap!!!!!!!!!

I had a chance to drive the car over the weekend. It is really nice to drive. Still needs to be tuned but I can tell the final outcome will be what I was hoping for.
20190609_184743.jpg

I really like that car post a few more pictures if you can please.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

yes please more pics...under the hood and exhaust pics too! what exhaust system did you end up using?
how is the driving experience compared to the 3.8 turbo?

i am also working on a LQ4 4l80E regal, and im just curious how it would do in the 1/4 mile.

Thanks

Here is the under hood picture. As far as the driving experience..... my 87 turbo T was a blast to drive. My biggest issue with that car was the reliability. That being said, I loved the car. My current regal is equally as fun to drive. The motor is an LQ4 with a cam install. It dyno'd @ 410 HP to the wheels. At the track it went 12.5 @113 on BFG radials leaving off idle and easing into it. I have since put an 8.5 rear end in it so I am excited to put on a decent tire and see what the car is capable of. The exhaust is nothing fancy. 2.5 pipes with no name mufflers. Exits just like the turbo car dual set up does. Long term plan is to install an LSA blower and shoot for 650HP rear wheel. To me, that is a perfect street car. Again, love the turbo cars, but it is hard to dispute the LS motor platforms potential for reliable horse power.
IMG_08251(1).jpg

what fittings did you use to go into the stock power steering rack? did you have to use any restrictors? did you use stock GBODY lines?
I'm also curious what camshaft you used to make 410RWHP....

the engine bay looks great.

very close to the camshaft i am using. 228/232 0.585 lift....

the existing power steering lines bolted right up to the truck power steering resevoir?