85 GN Sold On Mecum Last Night For $30,000

Hahny

I was watching the Mecum auction last night and saw where a very clean 85 hot air Grand National sold for $30,000 and was just wondering if it belonged to anyone on this forum? One thing is for certain whoever did buy this car got a beauty.

PT Barnum was right…..:rolleyes:
That car was being sold just as they were coming back from comercial break. Don't know the details on it but all I could think was you could have bought a very nice intercooled car for way less than 30k.

The buyer seemed pleased as could be tho.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Maybe the buyer had a personal connection to the car, like he graduated high school in 85 and always wanted an 85 GN. Who knows. Had to be something though as that car was only worth $30K to him.

Thought this would be like 14 miles with the leather.

Looks like a nice car, if I had $$$ to burn I might own it.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 68
I was thinking the car had like 100 miles for that price. It has at least 4330. Really nice ride.

Trying to understand some of the hate . . . .
Just because you don't have the money or wouldn't buy it, doesn't mean it's not worth it. JS

Nice car and with crank windows. There are some days I wished I had crank windows. More power to 'em it just makes my '86 worth more.

Don't forget that someone else was standing there trying to pay $29k for it.

Also if it's a super low mile original, it won't matter to the owner what year it is because it will be parked and looked at as art and not a car. The hot air engine does just fine loading it on/off a trailer or going around the block a couple times a year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that car missing the rare lear sieglar seats? Those look like 86-87 seats. Hmmm.......

I thought the Siegler seats were 84 only? I have only ever seen the regular GN seats in a '85

Forgot about the B4 black.
I think the Lear pattern is different between those years.