85 GN, LS 6.0L, 4L80E

NO, no A/C, but i was talking to Vintage air, they got complete kits to fit GN. around $1000. bucks.
THX for your interest, it is a great car,anyway.

RON

HI, David,, car is all tagged and inspected, Texas. i'm in Austin Tx.

for a car that can run on regular fuel ,performance is great,along with good MPG. premium fuel gives it about another 10HP. computor adjusts for Octane, itself. no fiddling .

i just sent a PM to you!!

Ron

that is made in the garage,at home.

bought a piece of carbon fiber panel that fit the dash, cut holes for the PROSPORT GAGES, and the Garmin GPS(that is the speedometer also)Kool.

gages during daylight driving are white glow, and at night turn to ORANGE glow(like aircraft gages), and on startup they glow blue. and has a red alarm blinking and bells tinkiling, just for a second ,so as not to be a PITA! the red comes on when at full throttle (can be turned off),just to let you know you are over the speed limit for that area of road!

this is a different kind of GN, but a blast to drive, performance along with handling & braking, and simply different, lots of thumbs up!

ron

this car is in equal performance to a factory stock 86-87 GN, but much more dependable engine 6.0L LS, transmission,4L80E, super strong.

somthing to think about , this GN is 2000lbs lighter than the vehicle,engine & transmission came out of,, puts it into some perspective.

I just wish it had an A/C. At least that's what is holding me back from it.

Yes, I know I'm a sissy...but I like to be a cool sissy!

i'd say it runs a low 13,easy!

maybe make a hi 12, with proper tire.

just dont hook in 1st gear, slides around in second, then gets its act together in third.

like i said , for regular street stuff its fine,,

THANKS, it REALLY is a great car, dont know why it dont sell.

truthfully it is better driving than another turbo 85GN i had, much better handling and stopping!

ron

Nice combo! I had thought about making a GN clone with an LS/60 or 80E, doubt I could do it to a GN.

they ports are close but the 317s have bigger chambers and the 243s have the light weight valves.
Just to clarify, the ports are identical. And the only 243s that had the sodium filled valves were on the LS6. The 243s on the LS2s do not have the lightweight valves. The only difference between the 317s and non-LS6 243s is the cc size and the casting #s.