85 GN heater core

5Lugs

I`ve noticed a fluid leak at the upper hose going to the heater core thru the firewall,[I think its a heater core hose]. Its the hose that's behind the heat shield plate that's behind the turbo. Any tips ?? Is it easy to access ? Thanks !

is it leaking from the hose, or coming from the fitting on the heater core?
a hose is easy- just remove the clamps, use a utility knife to slice the end lengthwise where it's glued to the heater core, and replace..
the heater core is a lot more work..

It appears to be leaking slightly at the hose where its clamped. I've repaired quite a few Chevy heater cores but this one is no doubt different. No I was wondering how to access it from behind the Turbo heat shield. The clamp may just need tightening or since the hose is 28 yrs old it may need to be replaced. I was trying to check on an easy way to get to it. Thanks Dale

Thanks all !! I actually finally got a chance to look at it last weekend. I didn't realize that the cowl seal would just lift right up. I have repaired quite a few heater hoses on the many old Chevys ,[ 14 Camaro`s and Nova`s + 2 Chevelle big blocks and 1 GTO], that I`ve owned but this is new stuff. Thanks again Dale