84 T Type Dash Issues

ram1984

The dash on my new to me 1984 Turbo T Type is acting strange. First the tachometer and boost gauge do not work even when driving. The fuel gauge seems to be working except when in park and I rev the engine the needle moves over to the full position. All the warning lights light up when the key is turned on and go off when the engine is started. Turn signals lights light but no clicking sound is heard. I have not knowledge of the history of the electrical system in the car. The battery is fully charged and stays on a trickle charger when parked.

Any ideas of what would be causing these issues would be appreciated.

Bob
Reston Va

Sounds like it’s time for a test light and volt meter.and to start taking some things apart.
I would start with a new flasher relay and start from there.

You could have multiple problems, with different causes, rather than a common cause to all. Weird electrical problems are often from bad grounds, but I agree with Reaper. Start with flasher first, since that is easy. I think the hazzards and the turnsignal may use two different flashers..... do you have the same problem on both, or does one work?

Replaced the flasher and turn signals and 4 way flasher work but do not make the typical clicking noise. I checked the ground from the negative battery to the body and it is in place. Where would I look for other grounds for the dash?

Just a side note, make sure all the bulbs are correct. I had a car painted a while back and the bulbs were all mismatched when it was all put back together. Once I put the "correct bulbs", all the issues stopped.

Ram1984, don’t worry if you don’t here the typical click, one of the first things I did was install a heavy duty flasher relay, and can’t here it click. If turn signals, and 4 ways work, you just made a step on the ladder, now on to the next step, hope you figure out the gremlins and get her to some pavement.