84 t-type brakes to floor

Swigg

So my 84 t-type all of sudden brakes are going to floor and locking up one rear wheel. doing some restoration on it right now so im not driving it, thank god. Anyway i was looking on these posts and i see alot about power master systems and i dont think i have that system on my car. it looks just like a master cylinder attached to a booster to me. Is there anything special with the 84 brakes or can i just go to auto parts store and get a new master cylinder and/or brake booster to replace this one. I hope so b/c that power master system seems to be very pricey and complicated. Im just really confused on how to go about replaceing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Your car should have hydroboost. Check for leaks. Pinch off all three brake hoses and see how the pedal feels. If the pedal feels better you have a leak some where. How is the fluid level in master. Is the brake light on?

Thanks, yeah i was figuring that it was a hydraboost system. Brake light has come on since it started doing this and sometimes it doesn't. But then again im only moving it a few feet in and out of the garage. Resovoir is full to top and don't see it leaking any fluid on the ground so I'm wishing its just the master cylinder bleeding over itself. Thats cheaper than a bad booster. Never had any experience with trouble shooting a hydrabooster. I know on the vac system if the boster is bad you can usually here it hissing. I guess ill just order a new master cylinder for it they are only like 35-40 bucks I found.

It does sound like the MC has an internal leak. You can get a new 1981 Cadillac Eldorado MC that looks more modern at Advanced for $27. :)

thank you for the tip and help. Cheers. Will let you know it works as soon as i get this repainted. Brakes are not as much as priority right this second(LOL) but at least i know what i got to do with them when i get there.
310816_155177487900016_100002232966694_309226_5798755_n.jpg