84 complete eng and trans ???????!

turboanthoni

Low miles in the 40,ooo mi range runs perfect shifts perfect trans has 87 servo !Pan to turbo and all accessories!What's it worth ??TIA

100 dollars doesnt even pay for the crank
I was asking a simple question because i have 84 t type and really have no idea what the eng & trans may be worth . I own an 87 GN but have dealt with the hot air cars as far as parting one out . I may sell the whole car as is not sure yet.

How many offers have you gotten so far? If not many at all then you see my point. If this was a complete 86-87 engine people would be jumping all over it. As they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and to many Hot Airs aren't worth s@#t; so you see my point? I would seperate them and and ask about 1000.00 for the engine and 500.00 the trans. If it's really a low mile drivetrain it's probably worth a little more than that but there is really no way to verify milage on many of these cars unless everything is documented and most of them have been beat to death. Actually you would probably sell the trans much faster or want to hang on to it yourself as a spare. If you put the later servo from the BR trans in it you'd be hard pressed to tell any difference between the two transmissions at all. With that and a few exceptions they are virtually identical in characteristics or perfromance.

Just my .02 I can buy the whole car which I'm contemplating for $1000. From a guy I know. These parts are really priceless. They're only worth what someone is willing to pay u for them.

Just my .02 I can buy the whole car which I'm contemplating for $1000. From a guy I know. These parts are really priceless. They're only worth what someone is willing to pay u for them.

See my point......you're asking about the price for a low mile engine/trans and as you can see people are talking about buying a whole car for 1000.00. So you see how hard it is get a price on Hot Air stuff because some think it's worth gold, but most think it's junk.

See my point......you're asking about the price for a low mile engine/trans and as you can see people are talking about buying a whole car for 1000.00. So you see how hard it is get a price on Hot Air stuff because some think it's worth gold, but most think it's junk.
I don't think it's junk. I know the value of it & i know i'm getting a great deal @$1000. problem is how long do you have to sit on parts & how fast do you wanna sell them. for instance, everyone on the board wants about $800. for the rear end out of one of our vehicles but here is a chance to get the whole thing for $1000. for a couple hundred more u can part it out & pretty much get your money back. I believe these cars have value & will continue to increase in value but as far as the market goes, you'll only get as much as someone is willing to pay you for it.