84-85 vs 86-87 catalytic converter

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
Thanks for your time first off. My question is about the cat size. I have a HA that I converterted to IC. Are the cat converters the same diameter or is the 84-85 larger where the Dp won't slide over the cat pipe. If they're the same I'm going to cut the ring off the end where the Dp and cat meet & slide my stock 87 dp over the cat and connect it like factory other than that I will be modifying my Dp by adding the 85 dp flange to the 87 dp. Thanks for any info

IMG_0185.PNG
Are these the same diameter on the Dp side? I'm thinking I can cut a lil off the hot air Cat where it's flared out on the Dp side and just slide my 87 dp over the cat clamp it down and call it good. Btw I would measure the cat but I'm out of town and can't get my car at the moment, sorry fellas bare with me. Thanks
IMG_0186.PNG

I measured our stock 85 T-Type and 87 GN.
The 85 DP near the cat is 2.530 wide and 2.320 high.
The 87 is 2.610 wide and 2.420 high. So the 87 DP is larger.
I hope this helps.

I measured our stock 85 T-Type and 87 GN.
The 85 DP near the cat is 2.530 wide and 2.320 high.
The 87 is 2.610 wide and 2.420 high. So the 87 DP is larger.
I hope this helps.
Thanks bro I will be able to slide my Dp over the cat once I cut the ring off. Thanks a bunch

By cutting off the ring on the ha cat the 87 dp slid over the cat fits like a glove use exhaust clamps and your good, done deal