83 Malibu Wagoon

Stickers!
3AAB5AC5-C68A-41A7-8A14-3353B170464E.jpg

The Goon made 2 nice clean pulls at SP this morning. 532HP at the wheels. 24psi. Went to 6K each time. She didn’t miss a beat.
Will post some video soon.
Thats a good number at that boost. Congrats!

Last edited:
With all the different peeps getting in and out of the driver seat the floormat had gotten pushed up under the gas pedal, so the throttle was only 85% open during the pulls.
On friday we had made a pull on the street that went to 91% duty cycle, but I decided to turn it down just a little bit from there. This engine doesn't have a whole lot in it.... stock caps, stock rods, stock crank etc... take it easy Goon!

532HP at SP.PNG

Solid numbers!

I didn't see any mention in the thread of cylinder head work. Are they stock or ported?

Sweet ride and setup for sure!

Solid numbers!

I didn't see any mention in the thread of cylinder head work. Are they stock or ported?

Sweet ride and setup for sure!
8445 Iron heads with bowl work only. “Bang for the buck econo-port”. The intake was cleaned up and gasket matched too. EGR tower removed and welded. Precision Engine & Machine in Sleepy Hollow prepared it all for assembly at home.
DAF9DF2C-5960-4BCE-8A0D-2D22825A1548.jpg

Very nice.
Stock size valves yet?

Impressive power from 24lb of boost with mild head work!

Well this summer we put over 3000 miles on the wagoon. My kid drove it to work every day and even took it down to school with her in the fall for a few months. Her college buddies didn’t know what to make of it lol. The stock bottom end with stock caps has been holding up fine to the 600+HP, which it sees quite frequently. I have to say the trick chassis instant center kit with the ford 8.8 rear end has been very impressive especially considering the little white wall tires on this car. She really plants the rear end and goes, everyone comments on that when they go for a ride.

She must be having a BLAST handing others their asses on the street.

A. No one expects a station wagon like this one. No one.
B. A V6?!!!
C. A girl behind the wheel of a car like this.
D. Some male egos not only bruised, but nearly broken.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Good on you, Dad!

Last edited:
Anyone else thinking some KO2s and it'd make a great overlander?
Plus the complimentary, "If This Malibu's a Rockin, Don't Come a Knockin" bumper sticker. :D