.82 ta49

GregInAtl

this turbo is used and came on the car, good shape, just have another turbo going on. It does have a DP bolt broken off in it, but I have not tried to remove it (I don't have the tools so better to leave it for someone that does) Still on the car but will be off today/tomorrow (28 degrees in ATL this a.m.) and will have pics available at that time.
$300 + Shipping firm.

all pm's returned, thos ethat want "in line" you were sent your number in line...I think we are 3 deep w/ "wants" and several more want after pics. Look for pics on here tomorrow afternoon/eve.
Thanks guys, I hope you see I am trying to pass along a deal, I recieved one and just wanna help others the same way!
GC

Pics as promised; This is 2 mins after coming off the car, I have not even cleaned it off yet, so this is the real deal, not snowing anyone w/ BS. The close up of the compressor side shows the .8* marking and the cool side up close shows .60 Garrett marking.

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 299
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 303
That appears to be a Garrett stage 2 turbo. Not a TA 49. 58mm compressor with stock turbine and a .82 ex housing. I have one that is identical to it.

?

Stage II Turbos?

These turbos used to be the first step of upgrade for stock cars. No longer really used. Required a converter to work. Used the stock turbine, but upgraded the compressor side. The stock appearing are about the same price and perform better overall. Basically, these are considered "old technology" and the newer units all outperform it in price and performance.

Wow, thats not the same as TA-49 at all

Stage II Turbos?

These turbos used to be the first step of upgrade for stock cars. No longer really used. Required a converter to work. Used the stock turbine, but upgraded the compressor side. The stock appearing are about the same price and perform better overall. Basically, these are considered "old technology" and the newer units all outperform it in price and performance.

Wow, thats not the same as TA-49 at all

Sorry I was told by a board member everyone in the south east knows and many use when it looked at it in person it was a TA49, so I trusted him on that. I wanna be fair, I was definately trying doing a good deed in letting go a TA49 for cheap.
I'd love more opinions on value, and perf of this turbo, and if this will work for my buyer.

That quote is by Ken Mosher, one of the few meaningful references I found to a "Stage II".
Technical FAQ
Sorry if it was unclear.

Greg has contacted me and is equally eager to sort this out, still a top-notch trader in my books.
Dave