82 Phoenix SJ, this thing is begging for an L67

I put it on my photobucket for you Brad-your projects are always cool and this one would be no exception:cool:

phoenix.jpg

The gold and silver is kind of a strange combo but I'd leave it I guess. It sorta goes with the tan interior with the faux brushed aluminum interior trim. Most of the front drive Xbody cars i ever see have bad door gaps and seams. This one looks like they're all pretty tight and square. The gaps are even and the body lines line up. Like I said the 4 door ones I always see are uuuuugly to me, but this one just speaks to me as irresistible. The front air dam and rear spoiler sure help it out. The air dam must've had a crack in the center so they fixed it by notching it out, I don't think that's how it's supposed to be. Oh well, that's an easy fix.

I think that car is pretty similar to a citation x11 and there are several L67 swapped X11's you can find on the internet - there was a guy that was specializing in it that had some bad business practices and it kind of faded out but you can find some of the guys documentation and its pretty good.

edit here is a link with other cross links:

http://thebaron.110mb.com/

What's really funny is that the much later Montane/Lumina vans etc. used the same cradle in front so you can use the motor mounts and such to stick the 3800 in it and also upgrade the front sway bar very easily.

I wonder what that phoenix weighs ? probably around 3200 is my guess , a stock L67 should put it in the 13's on decent tires if so

its an easy swap. on clubgp.com there have been swaps into just about everything now. fieros, luminas grand ams cavalier montana grand national (turbo) there is a guy in florida with a 72 carolla started with a na 3.8 then l67 now has a turbo l32 rwd 5spd. just take your time in planning. i myself in the next year or so an adding a turbo 32 to a late 60's convertible.

Be cool to do the swap and use the z34 5spd Getrag so it could stay a manual. That would be one fun sleeper and a blast to drive too. Nice clean cars are hard to come by these days. Nice find.