82-84 T Type Riv 325-4L

Hi all, new member here. Not a T-Type owner, but I'm looking for an '82-'84 Riv T Type trans with the 3.36 final drive-this is for a project I have in mind for my Eldorado. Anyone parting a Turbo car of those years? Alternatively I would be interested in the final drive unit alone. The '82-'84 T Type and Eldorado for the high altitude market were the only cars equipped with this axle. A 1985 T Type will not have this part.

Please let me know if this is not the right place for this kind of post, mods feel free to move. Thanks!

Anthony

Good a place as any. Though that is a tall order on a 35yr old setup.
We looked at that trans for our Fiero swap but it is just easier to do the 4t65e

For sure Rich. I asked on the Buick section of the AACA, no luck as of yet. On a 79-85, there really is no other trans that will fit besides the 325. I'm very mildly increasing the performance of the car, I figure it's only right to get the best trans that will fit towards that end though.

Anthony

There is a place I have gotten used stuff from called buffalo engine. I'll have to look for a number. You would have to call them to see what they have if any. I'll see if I can find their number to post. Other wise id keep an eye on your local Craigslist and use search tempest to get some of the outlying areas to see if you might find the right car. I fear most were crushed but I'm sure there is one out there, just have to locate and negotiate a price and figure out how to get it to you. I'll check my local yards and see if they have anything.

I really appreciate you keeping your eyes peeled. T Rivieras seem to be pretty rare, but there is actually one for sale local to me-way too nice to use for a parts car however. Is it okay on these boards to make another thread in the want to buy forum?