80 lb injectors and E85

TireFryer

The New Kid
I know this is a very old thread, but I’m looking into e85 (I got tons of leftover graduation money…) and I’m sick of dealing with my alky system. It’s leaking and I can’t find the leak, methanol in mad expensive and I need a new pump already after a year. I have 80# injectors, and currently a hotwired 255 walbro. I have a dw300 on the shelf, I’m looking for an 11.0 car. Can I get there with parts I have? I don’t have enough to buy new injectors and a massive fuel pump, how far can I get on 80’s, a dw300 and -8 feed and -6 return lines? I wouldn’t be opposed to a bigger pump like a 450 or something. But I just want to run 11.0. The car trapped 117 with a phone app on a back road 1/4 mile, 25 psi on 93/alky. Would I be able to stay at that same power level with the injectors and just a new pump and lines? E85 station by me has 86% ethanol..

its worth a try, proceed with caution. You will be maxed on the injectors and the pump. Turn the boost down a few psi and see what you get.

Of course you will need to get the chip changed for the new combo.

Bob

its worth a try, proceed with caution. You will be maxed on the injectors and the pump. Turn the boost down a few psi and see what you get.

Of course you will need to get the chip changed for the new combo.

Bob
I’ll get a new 6.1 chip for e85. I’ll just turn the car down until I have some extra $$ for big injectors and a hellcat pump or something along those lines

I know this is a very old thread, but I’m looking into e85 (I got tons of leftover graduation money…) and I’m sick of dealing with my alky system. It’s leaking and I can’t find the leak, methanol in mad expensive and I need a new pump already after a year. I have 80# injectors, and currently a hotwired 255 walbro. I have a dw300 on the shelf, I’m looking for an 11.0 car. Can I get there with parts I have? I don’t have enough to buy new injectors and a massive fuel pump, how far can I get on 80’s, a dw300 and -8 feed and -6 return lines? I wouldn’t be opposed to a bigger pump like a 450 or something. But I just want to run 11.0. The car trapped 117 with a phone app on a back road 1/4 mile, 25 psi on 93/alky. Would I be able to stay at that same power level with the injectors and just a new pump and lines? E85 station by me has 86% ethanol..
You should be going low 11s with your 117mph😉
If you want to go fast pm me there are a few different ways to achieve your goal.
1st is listening

These guys know what they're talking about. Here's my data point: 80lb injectors, -8 feed, -6 return, Walbro 415/430 pump, hotwire kit, base FP bumped up slightly, stroker motor, 21 psi, 6265 turbo. Best ET 10.70 @ 126. Duty cycle jumped to 120% right at the traps. On the street it doesn't go above 100% since I don't stay in it that long. AFR holds target though. Food for thought...

Hi guys, this thread was great. Extreme chip 80#/E85..Bob helped me a lot. Talked to him several times and yesterday, gets back to you within minutes. Helped me straighten out other issues with my car to get me to this point. Really appreciated it.

Used 535 hellcat cat pump. I didn't do anything with the return line.. new sock, upgraded wiring, E85 hoses, stock hangar modified,, etc .. TTA doesn't have issues like the GNs with fuel pressure with stock stuff. I can drop fuel pressure as low as 36#, maybe lower, tested at idle...

Had a closed loop extreme chip, 22* timing, a/f 11:6,:1 26# boost...ls1 maf,6776 .85 turbo. Took the plugs out they look great. Drives really well no complaints.

I trap 118-120 on hotwired Walbro 255 and a diy volt booster 14.5+- with A/F at 11.3 55# inj No alky 93 pump and 2 cans of VP Octanium

Well. I just ran 24 psi no alky with 18° of timing no knock… might hold off on the e for a while…

Hijacking my own thread here. I have acquired a walbro 450 fuel pump. I have the 80# injectors still and I'm just going to see how far they go on e85. I have all the stuff parted out to build a -8 feed line and a -6 return line. I just replaced the alternator so I have good voltage, and I have a hotwire kit and a new racetronix in take wiring harness for the fuel pump (Stock one melted when i had a dw300 in the car). Will be nice to not worry about alky.. All this being said, is the fuel rail fitting size a 16mm X 1.5 Male O-Ring?

Last edited: