80 lb injectors and E85

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
I have said for a while that 80's on E85 are about the same as 60's on gas, when it comes to max hp.

I looked at my injector dutycycle yesterday and its essentially maxed when I'm at 22 psi. My combination is a moderately built engine with a 6776 turbo, so 22 psi is most likely a mid to high 10 sec level of power.

The car certainly moves along.

This is also on one Walbro pump, which is certainly on the edge as well.

So, if you are looking for a high to mid 10 combination, on E85, 80 lb injectors seem to be a good solution.

The Alky is turned off for this run. Although the ISAC is controlling the boost. Running the alky would let me go a lot further with the 80's

Bob

Attachments

• e85 at 22psi.jpg
    e85 at 22psi.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 941
chip

i pm`d you earlier about my setup.The question i didn`t understand was is this with an extender extreme chip or something else?Thanks for the responce and help.

Ya you have a few options

1) The Walbro doesn't match the 80lb injector, it's just too small. The 044 intake would make more sense for these injectors on E85.

2) I had to lower my fueling 30% at WOT when I had the twin M15's of Meth going, so there is plenty of room left if you run the one nozzle let alone two.

I'd be curious with your combo and turbo what one alky nozzle would lower your IDC at that boost level too.

its a code 42 left over from some 2-step testing I was doing. I was working on a new software tweak for some australian guys. (video is on www.2step.bailey-eng.com)

Its a late model Ford Falcon turbocharged in-line 6cyl from the factory. Wish they would ship them here!

I left the harness unplugged accidentally and tried to start the car....... (duh)

:tongue:

Bob

Ya you have a few options

1) The Walbro doesn't match the 80lb injector, it's just too small. The 044 intake would make more sense for these injectors on E85.

2) I had to lower my fueling 30% at WOT when I had the twin M15's of Meth going, so there is plenty of room left if you run the one nozzle let alone two.

I'd be curious with your combo and turbo what one alky nozzle would lower your IDC at that boost level too.

My old car had twin external Bosch pumps which worked pretty well. I was thinking of that or maybe a boost-a-pump.

I run denatured alky in mine, and could probably stretch the injectors another 15% or so.

Bob

i pm`d you earlier about my setup.The question i didn`t understand was is this with an extender extreme chip or something else?Thanks for the responce and help.

I am running an Extender Pro. Which is similar to the Extender Extreme, but has specific features for the Pro.

Bob

Bob- are you the person i can send my extender extreme chips and translator pros chip to to modify for E-85.? i will be doing it soon. waiting on my supra fuel pumps.

What is your fuel pressure dropping to at WOT?

thats a good question........ :)

I need to verify what the pump is doing. I am also going to be putting in some 120 lb injectors, and will surely need to increase my pump capacity...

I really want to crank the boost up, the car is an absolute monster above 25 psi.... :eek:

Bob

My old car had twin external Bosch pumps which worked pretty well. I was thinking of that or maybe a boost-a-pump.

Bob

Or both.:D

I've got a Bosch up front after my in tank walbro and I just scored a boostapump too.

Haven't decided which pump to boost yet tho.:confused: Prolly try the walbro first.

thats a good question........ :)

I need to verify what the pump is doing. I am also going to be putting in some 120 lb injectors, and will surely need to increase my pump capacity...

I really want to crank the boost up, the car is an absolute monster above 25 psi.... :eek:

Bob

I ran 24# on 7 60# injectors with a 6169. Haven't had the wideband on it yet to see what it's really doing. Low 700s on the narrow band and no knock:eek::cool:.

I'd like to try 80s keep me in mind when you swap out. Any chance you've got an extra hanging around for my 7th injector?:D

Later,Sean

Or both.:D

I've got a Bosch up front after my in tank walbro and I just scored a boostapump too.

Haven't decided which pump to boost yet tho.:confused: Prolly try the walbro first.

No, try the bosch first. The in-tank will be fine, it doesn't have any restriction on its outlet to work against.

No, try the bosch first. The in-tank will be fine, it doesn't have any restriction on its outlet to work against.

Well the Bosch is mounted under the hood so the Walbro has to push thru the lines and filter before it gets to the Bosch.

The Bosch has a couple feet of -8 hose from the stock filter (hotair location,front framerail) to the pump then -6 from the pump to the rail.

Seems like there would be benefits to boosting either of them...:confused:

Bob, wondering what kind of static fuel pressure you are running? I spoke to Chuck Leeper on the other board and he said the LSX guys run the high imp's 80's at 60 psi and that makes them about 95#'rs.

Well the Bosch is mounted under the hood so the Walbro has to push thru the lines and filter before it gets to the Bosch.

The Bosch has a couple feet of -8 hose from the stock filter (hotair location,front framerail) to the pump then -6 from the pump to the rail.

Seems like there would be benefits to boosting either of them...:confused:

It will push just fine, remember the bosch is pulling fuel away, so there is zero restriction on the fuel in the line between the two pumps. The walbro has plenty of flow-rate at zero outlet pressure.

If the BAP has enough current to drive both, then do that, or maybe get two...

It will push just fine, remember the bosch is pulling fuel away, so there is zero restriction on the fuel in the line between the two pumps. The walbro has plenty of flow-rate at zero outlet pressure.

If the BAP has enough current to drive both, then do that, or maybe get two...

The BAP is the single pump model so I'll probly just keep it on one pump. The Bosch sounds good to me:D.

I recall seeing some flow #s from the Bosch pumps and they flow pretty well at higher voltages.

Any idea how many amps a walbro 340 can pull?