8 GNX’s

You're right, there are various reasons for this many X's at one time ,but I would bet the Covid 19 is playing some part . I have notice in the cars for sale section some very nice TB for sale . Very screwed up times.

You're right, there are various reasons for this many X's at one time ,but I would bet the Covid 19 is playing some part . I have notice in the cars for sale section some very nice TB for sale . Very screwed up times.
I know, right. I say weather it out and hold onto them if possible. Unfortunately, if you sell and later you want one, again, you’ll pay for it when prices go back up

there is a very low mile one here in Jax ...I have only seen pics of it ...hopefully will get to see it soon ...think it has 980 miles on it ...

there is a very low mile one here in Jax ...I have only seen pics of it ...hopefully will get to see it soon ...think it has 980 miles on it ...
I think that's Rob's car.
AIRC, he had it on here, in a previous post/thread.

I think that's Rob's car.
AIRC, he had it on here, in a previous post/thread.
your correct sir...have you seen his.. Mali(boost)....malibu done with GN interior and drive train...o_O.....and of course the sledgehammer :p

I'm in the old car, street rod, community. We are seeing a dramatic drop in values, well before the virus hit.
The consignment dealers have their whses loaded to the gills.
As the "car guy" age groups get older, they change their preferences. Many followers of various cars, are not seeing "new guys" with those same interests. The cars for sale, are sitting for considerable time. Once a prospective buyer steps up, it's usually w/ a "low ball" offer.
A case in point: A friend's 55 Chevy is a $100K+ build. It sold at Streetside, for less than 1/2 of it's initial cost.
Once the "out at any cost" syndrome hits a hobby, the bottom falls out.
The old saying, "buy one already done, is a lot cheaper than building it", is truer than ever, in today's car scene.
As for the Buicks, I see it being no different.

I'm in the old car, street rod, community. We are seeing a dramatic drop in values, well before the virus hit.
As the "car guy" age groups get older, they change their preferences. Many followers of various cars, are not seeing "new guys" with those same interests. The cars for sale, are sitting for considerable time. Once a prospective buyer steps up, it's usually w/ a "low ball" offer.
A case in point: A friend's 55 Chevy is a $100K+ build. It sold at Streetside, for less than 1/2 of it's initial cost.
The old saying, "buy one already done, is a lot cheaper than building it", is truer than ever, in today's car scene.
true but many of these uppitty snowflakes are buying vintage cars..of course already done bc ..they cannot or dont even have the desire to work on them...so yes already done...and are usually looking for the foreign crap...and are scared to death of a manual gear box (euro trash term) :ROFLMAO: :p

I’ve been scanning Hemmings for many years, I’ve never see this many X’s for sale. Some are still too high on the price. These are cars you want to hold onto in times like this, but some may really need the $$.
https://www.hemmings.com/cars-for-sale/buick/gnx
They may "need" the money but with those asking prices they are gonna continue to need. I would rather a decent higher mile car or even not that decent as my budget will never include a $100k car. And I like cars.

Because their numbers are published or can be seen in the photos a google search usually uncovers the sales history. I am always interested to see this and what happens when the dealer resellers buy them. One car is listed at about double what it sold for at a recent auction.
Depends on which side of the fence you are on. Current owners have no problem with high prices.

And, the dealer flippers write some absurdly stupid description, as tho the potential buyer is a 10 yo kid.
Kind of like the sign boards at the local car show. {sitting right next to the bumper baby}. :rolleyes:

Spot on Chuck, I have several cars now and many over the years. I always say buy what you like. I don't view cars as "investments" buy a mutual fund if you want to make money.