8.5 Rear Diff cover / girdle

TurboWh1

Anybody know whose cover this is? I'm missing the hardware. Was considering getting the TA rear cover but found this in my attic.

Does the girdle really help durability? I've already done all the internal upgrades.

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_184129491~2.jpg
    IMG_20221204_184129491~2.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 51
Didn't kirban use to sell a cover to copy the GnX Looking rear end cover days ago? :unsure:

Didn't kirban use to sell a cover to copy the GnX Looking rear end cover days ago? :unsure:
Yes they did. I have one on my GN.
It doesn’t have the mounting ears for the ladder bar like the real GNX cover tho.
I believe they stopped selling them as GM cracked down on unlicensed use of the GNX embossed letters on the cover.

So scgnx2, You're saying your cover matches the one that turbowh1 has. So it is one that Dennis Kirban n had made up?:unsure:

So scgnx2, You're saying your cover matches the one that turbowh1 has. So it is one that Dennis Kirban n had made up?:unsure:
No, it’s completely different. Turbowh1’s cover looks like a TA cover without there emblem embossed on it.

Sorry I'm just a little bit dumb but thank you for really clarifying it. So we exposed an imposter.

as for the covers ID, no clue. on the Summit racing I counted 8 such covers.
I have a TA Performance ( I Suport our venders) When you hold a TA in your hand and look at its construction you will have faith it will add strength to the rear. I was a 4X4 nut at one time and I preferred the smaller differential for ground clearance. ring gears and carriers broke often butt adding a girdle extended the life 2 fold. Is it a must for my 11.5 car ? probably not. I put 100+ passes on a OE G80. with 28X9 Hoosier.

as for the covers ID, no clue. on the Summit racing I counted 8 such covers.
I have a TA Performance ( I Suport our venders) When you hold a TA in your hand and look at its construction you will have faith it will add strength to the rear. I was a 4X4 nut at one time and I preferred the smaller differential for ground clearance. ring gears and carriers broke often butt adding a girdle extended the life 2 fold. Is it a must for my 11.5 car ? probably not. I put 100+ passes on a OE G80. with 28X9 Hoosier.
TA makes excellent products. I was thinking I would probably buy a TA cover over this one for my car.