72mm throttle

chalo_310

I recently porte my heads.and intake manifold..would Isee more gains if I upgrade to a 72mm throttle body and plenum...i recently raced an o3 cobra it took me by half a car I was only running 15psi..i have a 209 cam,te49,ported heads and manifold,shift kit, do I need a turbo tweak?

You'd see more gains by getting an alky kit and turning the boost up. It'd also help to list everything you've already done. dp? fuel pump? hotwire? afpr? scanmaster? translator? etc.? IIRC the bigger TB doesn't benefit you all that much til your in the low 10's and if your losing to an 03 cobra then i'd say your not ready to need the bigger TB.

I second the alcohol kit and turn the boost up to 22 psi. That'll cover the Cobra. A turbo tweak chip and a matched set of injectors will help a bunch also. Then step up to a new better/modern turbo. A 3" down pipe is a must with the bigger turbo if you don't already run one. Good fuel pump, new fuel filter, hot wire kit............

Before you start throwing "stuff" at your GN, you need to have a plan.

Like most all performance builds and race cars, the MOST important item is combination. :)

Changing the throttle body or chip or install alky to beat a Cobra is not even a good short term plan?

Only you can decide where you want to go and that depends on many factors like budget to start, and the ultimate use of the car.

If you want to try and beat the Cobra, maybe just race gas and turning up the boost will do it?

Do some research, figure out where you want to go with the car, talk to others that have done the same thing more than once, and you will find your results and budget will be better! :D

Here my mods..te49 turbo,bigg.fuel pump,36# injectors,maf translator,scanmaster,3"downpipe,headers,ported heads and manifold,shift kit,209 cam

Upgrade those 36lb injectors to 60s and get alky. Get the TT chip reburned and inch your way up to 22+ lbs of boost. Then wait for trans to start slipping.