js402

Looking for a 6262 with e cover if anyone has one for sale before buying a new one.

That's funny, someone just posted one for sale, hope you like it, if not I have a mint condition 6152 for sale

My car is a pretty modded and I put a 6466 on this newest build and ........ HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!o_O

Jus' sayin'.

It'd be going on a fairly stock lower end car. With 120s and e85. Are you talking about the water cooled precision that's up for sale??

No, sir.

Mine is a DBB unit. And I'm not recommending ANY used unit, unless rebuilt by a reputable guy, never.

Just giving you an alternative perspective.

With the right upgrades, a 6262 will kick you right square in the butt on a stock bottom end.

However, you'll need the proper mods to make it perform like you would want.

The right manifold and plenum, proper intake and perhaps even ported heads, (stock or after market) then you will need the VERY right cam and absolutely the right converter for a start.

There's WAY more to it than just bolting on a bigger turbo.........

There a lot of guys to get good info from here. Ask around before spending unnecessary money.

The 6262 is the right turbo for a stock long block looking to run +30 psi manifold pressure, BUT, the supporting mods and the tune need to be on point. It will take $7.5-8.5k of supporting mods to max out that turbo on a stock long block.

Ya I understand what all is needed. I myself run a 6766 but I'm helping a buddy with his car. Hence the ad.

If you change your mind I still have the Precision 6152E that has not been on any car since I got it back from Precision, if you want I can send pictures...You're not going to find one in better condition unless you wanna buy new

What kind of boost are you wanting to run? The 6262 likes BIG boost, it likes 27lbs plus to run best, that's according to PTE.

Jerryl is right when he speaks of 30lbs plus for a 6262 to produce the best results.

After talking to PTE, I'm actually contemplating going back to the old 6765 I have on the shelf on my new combo, as that turbo likes to spool best in the 24/25lb range, just where I like to run my combo at the strip.

Last edited:
What kind of boost are you wanting to run? The 6262 likes BIG boost, it likes 27lbs plus to run best, that's according to PTE.

Jerryl is right when he speaks of 30lbs plus for a 6262 to produce the best results.

After talking to PTE, I'm actually contemplating going back to the old 6765 I have on the shelf on my new combo, as that turbo likes to spool best in the 24/25lb range, just where I like to run my combo at the strip.

The 62 will run out of compressor before it can make high manifold pressure effective if the engine is efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 62 will run out of compressor before it can make high manifold pressure effective if the engine is efficient.

You're the guy who would know, no doubt there. :)

Last edited:

In all fairness, high to you is considered NASA to many, and high to many is low to you. Lol

Planning on just running 20lbs. Motors 120s, 206/206, stock build otherwise. 450lph pump, e85 xfi. 2800 nl. What would the recommended turbo be then if not a 6262?

Hi Just in case you haven't found what you are looking for,you should contact Relic Mart I bought mine from them few days ago, they have the best parts and very cheap. Here’s their email address sales@relicmart.info

I will advocate for the 6262. Im currently running the CAE Precision dual ball bearing unit. It's a sweeeeeeet turbo. Runs 10.70 on 93 and alky. 21psi, drive it anywhere. Excellent street manners as well.

Sorry this is so late...Could you explain what you mean by this? I have heard over and over that the 6262 likes and performs at 25-30 psi..It appears that I don't know what it means for and engine to be efficient vs inefficient...:unsure: Thanks!